PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Evergreen?

Azore
4th Jul 2002, 21:24
Anyone knows the latest about Evergreen International Airlines? Where has their London Commercial staff gone to?
:confused:

Azore
7th Jul 2002, 15:51
Evergreen never had any luck with the London office, all great guys, who soon understand that there is better in life than selling absolete 747-100 freighters. The company has always had a reputation for hight turn-over of its staff. Which customers have they got? AMC, I pressume, anyone else on wet lease?
:eek:

ocnus
8th Jul 2002, 15:31
As far as I know they're still in Crowley...01293-511422. Pierre Van Der Stichele is the last one I spoke with.

Huck
8th Jul 2002, 21:05
I talked to an Evergreen captain in May - he said every aircraft but one was commited to the USAF....

TowerDog
8th Jul 2002, 23:09
Not so Danny boy.

Evergreen started as a helicopter company, then added fixed wing crafts later on and then got certain Government contracts.
(I was on the payroll over there for 3 years, hauling boxes for Air India, Air France and muslims for Garuda, etc..)

Air America on the other hand was a real CIA invention.

Southern Air Transport was also started to get CIA support in the Carrib and Central America Region, then sold to private hands in,

Capt PPRuNe
9th Jul 2002, 09:40
Posts by 'Danny's Boy' have been deleted because it is by none other than Neil Robertson, formerly known as The Guvnor and at least 20 other aliases on here, posting his usual revisionist history, especially his own personal one.

He'll keep trying but we'll keep finding him and removing him. Persona non grata here and discussion by him or of him is not acceptable on this BB.

Zoner
9th Jul 2002, 18:24
Evergreen is doing mostly AMC; it's really hard to turn down the great rate. We are still doing common carriage in the Pacific and a couple of ACMI jobs. Very few -100's are left, most have been scrapped. We have been adding -200's, latest one two months ago. They are looking at more and are currently hiring. It's pretty tough to compete these days, what with -400's going for -200 prices, but we seem to be holding our own.

Azore
13th Jul 2002, 09:23
Old aircraft, AMC as prime and only customer, makes a company fragile, Commercial Staff leaving the company, Ron Lane is gone, what's does the future hold for Evergreen? Will it Ever-Last? I just heard a rumour that Tony Bauckham may be leaving...can anyone pitch in to confirm? Besides, where did Pierre vad ders Stichle go? :p

Thunderbird 3
13th Jul 2002, 16:24
AZORE

Pierre now working for World Air Management (Chapman & Freeborn Group Company) based in London.
Air charter broking the Air Atlanta B747F

DownIn3Green
14th Jul 2002, 13:14
They must be hiring...2 of the pilots at my airline are interviewing there next week...

Zoner
15th Jul 2002, 16:49
DC-9 and B-747 classes planned for August. New routes for the DC-9 in Alaska, and common carriage is picking up in the pacific. We have been chartering both Polar and Atlas since 9-11 and may buy new equipment to replace them. Record profits since first of the year. Interviewing for the pool continues. New security regs from DC make it almost impossible for green card holders.

TowerDog
18th Jul 2002, 23:17
Zoner:

Are ya guys sniffing at the -400?...:eek:

What is the DC-9 doing in Alaska?
Postal?

Zoner
19th Jul 2002, 17:08
Towerdog:

Just sniffing, nothing solid as yet. The -200's are really cheap these days.

DC-9: yes, a lot of postal, mixed with common carriage. They are still looking at extending to the Russian far east, and the 727 program (tay power) is alive again.

We have been hiring some of your furloughs lately, do have some numbers below you?

TowerDog
19th Jul 2002, 23:57
Yup, have a few folks behind me:

9/11 I had 1000 souls below my number. Some were sent back to Eagle, some were furloughed and some went on Mil leave or just disappeared..

Have 400 on the property behind me right now.

Do I sleep good? No, but never did anyway, remember Pan-Am? Remember Eastern? Remember Braniff? etc., etc.

I should win lotto and retire instead, this is too much work just staying employed...:D