PDA

View Full Version : New RFDS aircraft for South Australia.

Desert Flower
4th Nov 2016, 06:42
Esther Veldstra from the YPAG RFDS has been flying a brand new PC12 (VH-FXW) back from Switzerland. She's just landed in YBRM (Broome). She will be continuing on to YPAD tomorrow.

DF.

megle2
4th Nov 2016, 09:44
So what's special about that

Desert Flower
4th Nov 2016, 12:27
So what's special about that
So I'm guessing if it was a male pilot you would think it was special then?

DF.

onetrack
4th Nov 2016, 13:06
DF - Obviously, megle2 has no idea of what the RFDS does, has never had his life saved by the RFDS, and probably thinks RFDS is an acronym for a new short-haul LCC. He probably needs to go back to playing Pokemon.

Good to hear the news, and I'll wager a lot of RFDS people are chuffed as well. I buy Lotto tickets to win, but I also only buy LotteryWest tickets, because all the profits go to worthy causes such as the RFDS and community projects, rather than the millionaire shareholders of Tatts.

The RFDS have scored a new $3M hangar at Jandakot, from a March 2016 grant from LotteryWest. This hangar will house up to three RFDS aircraft, including the swish, yet-to-come, new Pilatus PC-24 jets.

March 2016 - LotteryWest grant funds new RFDS hangar at Jandakot (http://www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au/media/media-releases/archive/lotterywest-grant-funds-new-rfds-hangar)

Stanwell
4th Nov 2016, 19:21
Plus one from me.
I've been a long-term direct supporter of the RFDS and indeed, owe them a debt of gratitude.
While I'd always been a fan of the (modified) Beechcraft products in that role, the PC12 seems to have been designed for the job.
DF,
Take no notice of that clown - he'd probably suffered a knockback earlier in the evening.

Stationair8
4th Nov 2016, 20:39
Actually Tracey Curtis -Taylor is in the right hand seat claiming it as a record breaking flight in an old biplane, for the female cause.

Nice for Esther to score the ferry flight, safe travels for the rest of the journey.

AmarokGTI
4th Nov 2016, 20:42
Good on her. She is a very good operator.

Desert Flower
4th Nov 2016, 22:04
Hell I wish this forum had a proper "like" button! However onetrack, Stanwell & AmarokGTI I will give you this instead. :ok:

The RFDS has come a long way over the years, even in the time I have been in the industry. When I started it was the Navajos & Chieftains, then the B200's (which I still love to this day) then the PC12's. The pilots & flight nurses are truly angels of the sky!

DF.

Desert Flower
4th Nov 2016, 22:16
Actually Tracey Curtis -Taylor is in the right hand seat claiming it as a record breaking flight in an old biplane, for the female cause.

Nice for Esther to score the ferry flight, safe travels for the rest of the journey.
Stationair8, just had a quick look at the thread on Tracey Curtis-Taylor - very interesting!

Yes it was great that Esther scored the ferry flight. It has caused much interest in YPAG where she is stationed, especially at the school her twin daughters attend.

DF.

dhavillandpilot
5th Nov 2016, 03:49
Good on Ester, what has sex do do with ability. I can remember Ester at Airtex all those years ago, she was a good pilot with some empathy to passengers rather than a lot of her fellow crew who walk like Captain America around Bankstown.

The flight is something her daughters can be proud of their mother doing

Desert Flower
5th Nov 2016, 04:08
Good on Ester, what has sex do do with ability. I can remember Ester at Airtex all those years ago, she was a good pilot with some empathy to passengers rather than a lot of her fellow crew who walk like Captain America around Bankstown.

The flight is something her daughters can be proud of their mother doing
Agree on all counts. If I ever have to be flown out I sure hope she's up the pointy end!

DF.

RENURPP
5th Nov 2016, 04:42
DF, from my reading of this thread, you were the person who bought gender up.

I read megles post as it's only a ferry flight, nothing to do with gender.
For the record I agree who cares what gender the pilot was.
A ferry flight in a modern turbo prop, big deal, it's nothing the record books would be interested in, having said that I wouldn't mind doing one myself for the enjoyment.

kaz3g
5th Nov 2016, 04:49
We had them out to our station on two occasions and each of my nearest 3 neighbours needed the intensive care that they provide en route to hospital in Carnarvon, too. And all that in just a few short years.

Life in remote areas has its own dangers and the security lifeline that is the RFDS is very special. When we were there, they also provided the only communication network via their skeds and the following galah session.

Memories...kaz

rutan around
5th Nov 2016, 05:11
DF - Obviously, megle2 has no idea of what the RFDS doesI wouldn't be too sure about that. He might be a wannabe Doctor on one of those planes.

I seem to remember Megle 1 was the Nazi doctor known as 'Angel of Death' but I could be wrong. http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

Desert Flower
5th Nov 2016, 05:31
For those of you who are really interested in Esther's progress, she has just landed in YPAD.

DF.

Desert Flower
5th Nov 2016, 07:38
wishiwasupthere, you may have deleted the post you made but I saw it anyway. All I can say is haters gonna hate.

DF.

wishiwasupthere
5th Nov 2016, 08:14
I look forwards to all the future threads on Pprune when a new aircraft is delivered to Australia on a stock standard ferry flight.

Pinky the pilot
5th Nov 2016, 09:49
rutan around; but I could be wrong.

You are. The Nazi Doctor's name was Mengele.

And you are way, way out of line in even mentioning it in the context of this thread!:=:ugh::mad:

An apology is in order.

gerry111
5th Nov 2016, 10:10
Looks to me like a record example of Godwin's Law..

Ovation
5th Nov 2016, 10:17
rutan around wrote:

I seem to remember Megle 1 was the Nazi doctor known as 'Angel of Death' but I could be wrong.

The ever reliable Godwin's Law. Never fails....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Desert Flower
5th Nov 2016, 10:40
I look forwards to all the future threads on Pprune when a new aircraft is delivered to Australia on a stock standard ferry flight.
wishiwasupthere, you truly are a sad individual. Would hate to be at a party with you, because I can't abide a wet blanket.

DF.

wishiwasupthere
5th Nov 2016, 10:51
So pray tell, what's so unique about this aircraft delivery that warrants its own thread? I've searched back and can't find any threads about the delivery of any of the other 90 odd RFDS aircraft.

rutan around
5th Nov 2016, 12:34
An apology is in order.
I wholeheartedly apologise for being historically challenged. But you must admit Megle 2's reply was a bit mealy mouthed.

megle2
5th Nov 2016, 21:18
Good morning all, how busy you have all been typing away
It's nothing to do with gender
Tick for Renurpp
There is nothing special about a simple ferry flight these days

uncopilot
5th Nov 2016, 22:12
There is nothing special about a simple ferry flight these days

Maybe, maybe not. But who wouldn't like to do this trip in a shiny new plane ex-factory. Getting to see the Himalayas, overnight in Thailand amongst other nice spots would be an experience that few would turn down I'm sure. Pprune doesnt have to be all complaining and sour grapes does it?

Desert Flower
6th Nov 2016, 06:47
Maybe, maybe not. But who wouldn't like to do this trip in a shiny new plane ex-factory. Getting to see the Himalayas, overnight in Thailand amongst other nice spots would be an experience that few would turn down I'm sure. Pprune doesnt have to be all complaining and sour grapes does it?
Seems like it's the case for some though. Or maybe it's jealousy?

DF

Pinky the pilot
6th Nov 2016, 08:37
I wholeheartedly apologise for being historically challenged

The term 'Historically challenged,' is nothing more than a poorly thought out excuse for being just plain ignorant!:ugh:

But you must admit Megle 2's reply was a bit mealy mouthed.

No, I do not! := Ignorant; maybe. Ill informed and abrupt; likewise....:hmm: Maybe just intended to be a bit of the stirring variety....:confused::}

Whatever.

Apropos of nothing else; DF; How are ya??:ok:

Dashtrash
6th Nov 2016, 09:12
draaaaaging the thread back to where it belongs,

This totally rocks. Yes it's just a modern turboprop being ferried in but it's what it will do while it's here that's important. It means the RFDS has a new life saving tool to continue it's work.

For those of us that spend our working hours transporting nameless, faceless, ungrateful passengers in big shiny jets, we can only be envious of the RFDS pilots that their work means something and they are part of a great Australian legacy.

You would be hard pressed to find a more worthy pilot to collect a new aircraft and bring it to it's new home. She's not only brought the aircraft to Australia but into the community by sharing the experience with her children's school.

Welcome home Esther, my dear friend from long ago.

rutan around
6th Nov 2016, 10:54
So what's special about that Most people who read posts on p-prune are involved in aviation and love flying from the most humble puddle jumper to ex SR71 Blackbird pilots.

Most people reading this post would have loved to been along on that PC12 delivery flight.

Why oh why do people like Megle 2 have to suck the joy out of flying ?

Surely sucking the joy out of flying is CASAs job.

Meanwhile I reserve the right to have a shot at people like Megle2 if they write depressing or belittling posts for no good reason.

bgbazz
6th Nov 2016, 11:37
The preceding two posters sum it up perfectly.

:ok:

AU-501
6th Nov 2016, 21:51
Thanks for the post desert flower. It was a good piece of news about an organisation that is a great fabric of bush life.
Cheers mate

megle2
7th Nov 2016, 05:55
Ouch, I should of included in my original post that ferry flights can be a great memory especially when enhanced by a few logbook photos

Eclan
7th Nov 2016, 09:01
I used to donate to the RFDS too but haven't bothered since I heard about the bloated management salaries, expensive wall art, etc. They don't seem to need the help anymore. They've just landed in YBRM (Broome). They will be continuing on to YPAD tomorrow.
There ya go, flower, not sure why you felt compelled to bring up gender but it's all fixed for you now, in ATSB style.

I deleted the name though; not too sure they'd like their name in this ridiculous thread! I wouldn't. :rolleyes:

Desert Flower
7th Nov 2016, 09:20
I deleted the name though; not too sure they'd like their name in this ridiculous thread! I wouldn't.

Eclan, that is where you are so very wrong. You either don't know Esther at all or if you do, not very well.

And why has my original post where I mentioned her landing in Broome been deleted?

DF.

TWT
9th Jan 2017, 09:33
New medical plane boosts facilities in WA (http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/new-medical-plane-boosts-facilities-in-wa/news-story/329970d0670e0ed84a9d6ef26891ce1c)

Desert Flower
9th Jan 2017, 11:58
New medical plane boosts facilities in WA (http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/new-medical-plane-boosts-facilities-in-wa/news-story/329970d0670e0ed84a9d6ef26891ce1c)
A Pilates PC12? Hmmmm. :ugh:

onetrack
9th Jan 2017, 12:42
Yes, it's one of those new-fangled Swiss aircraft, that means you have to do a lot of odd stretching movements, to get into and out of it. :E

Allan L
9th Jan 2017, 22:47
Maybe the wings flap for a bit of exercise?

cooperplace
10th Jan 2017, 00:59
I wouldn't be too sure about that. He might be a wannabe Doctor on one of those planes.

I seem to remember Megle 1 was the Nazi doctor known as 'Angel of Death' but I could be wrong. http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

that was josef mengele; it's drawing too long a bow to associate megle 2 with that, and it's something I'd prefer not to see in a thread about the wonderful RFDS,