PDA

View Full Version : Random Route NAT HLA

zee7873
3rd Nov 2016, 09:58
Please can anyone help me ,i am confused about Random Routes ,What are they?, where are they exist?,Are they same as NAT tracks which published Daily, Can i call them BLUE SPRUCE routes, Are they exist in upper area of NAT flying over ICELAND, or can i say HALF DEGREE routes are RANDOM ROUTES and how can i identify HALF DEGREE TRACKS please share ur experience ur HELP would be really appreciated

confused atco
3rd Nov 2016, 16:30
North Atlantic Organised Tracks.
Published twice daily, Eastbound and Westbound.
They are only valid during their published times.
"Half degree" tracks are organised tracks that permit aircraft with the appropriate equipment to operate more advantageous routes within the published track structure.

Any aircraft operating over the North Atlantic not on a published track is by default on a random route.

It is possible to follow the points of one of the organised tracks outside its published validity times, in this scenario this would be deemed a random route.

It is also possible to follow the points of one of the organised tracks but fly above/below the published levels during the published validity times, in this scenario this too would be deemed a random route.

Una Due Tfc
3rd Nov 2016, 20:38
If a flight is not on a published track, at the published times and at the published levels then it's on a random route. Simples.

The "half degree tracks" as you call them are actually called RLAT (reduced lateral separation) tracks. There's a max of one in each direction at the moment but that will change. The "normal" tracks are separated laterally by 60 nm. RLAT tracks are separated from adjacent tracks by 30nm. You can identify them because they use half degrees of latitude, so a "normal" westboud NAT track could be entry point then 55N20W 55N30W etc whereas the RLAT track north of it would be 5530N20W 5530N30W etc.

DaveReidUK
3rd Nov 2016, 22:14
The "half degree tracks" as you call them are actually called RLAT (reduced lateral separation) tracks. There's a max of one in each direction at the moment but that will change. The "normal" tracks are separated laterally by 60 nm. RLAT tracks are separated from adjacent tracks by 30nm. You can identify them because they use half degrees of latitude, so a "normal" westboud NAT track could be entry point then 55N20W 55N30W etc whereas the RLAT track north of it would be 5530N20W 5530N30W etc.

Strictly speaking, there are three RLatSM tracks at any given time. The "half-degree" track is one, because it's only 30nm from the adjacent tracks, and the "normal" tracks on either side of it are also classed as RLatSM, for obvious reasons.

Una Due Tfc
3rd Nov 2016, 22:19
Strictly speaking, there are three RLatSM tracks at any given time. The "half-degree" track is one, because it's only 30nm from the adjacent tracks, and the "normal" tracks on either side of it are also classed as RLatSM, for obvious reasons.

True

Message lengthened