PDA

View Full Version : Oxford ADAPT

KaneH
3rd Nov 2016, 05:11
Hello all,

I was wondering what the best practice tests I can get online is to prepare for the Oxford ADAPT testing?

Rottweiler22
5th Nov 2016, 16:34
I didn't use any tests (not intending to toot my own horn), but I know there are some out there, like Pilotaptitudetest.com.

After reading what the tests entailed, I revised a load of pointless rubbish from GCSE and A-Level maths and physics revision websites. Advanced trigonometry and factorising quadratics never came up, but at least my mind was ready for it, which was the main thing. For a few weeks prior, I also tried to do a few sudokus and logic puzzles, just to keep the mind sharp.

As far as I can remember, there was a timed mental maths section, a maths section, physics section, memory test section, simulator section, and hand-eye-coordination section. Speed, distance and time is a big thing, as well as being able to calculate fuel consumption. "Mental Math for Pilots" by McElroy, and sort of workbook on speed distance and time will set you straight. "Speed, Distance and Time Tests" by McMunn is is quite good, and will put you on the right path. The rest is basic maths, so a numerical reasoning book would come in handy.

You don't need to memorise complicated algorithms, they're all on a sheet in front of you. Keep your mind sharp, don't turn-up hungover or sleep-deprived, read up on basic maths and physics, and you'll be fine! :D

Brimbers
6th Nov 2016, 10:05
Hi Rottweiler

Are the maths and physics sections timed? Also are they multiple choice? Thanks

Rottweiler22
6th Nov 2016, 18:44
Yes to both questions. The first maths section is mental maths, and that is more intensely timed. You have to answer as many as you can in 15 minutes if I remember correctly. The theoretical maths and physics is timed, but a lot more relaxed. You have to complete everything within a certain amount of time. And yes, everything is multiple choice.

KaneH
7th Nov 2016, 04:32
Okay, The test is in December so hoping I'll be ready by then if I start to revice now.

Thanks for the info I'll look into what you suggested :)

Qtr Life Crisis
15th Nov 2016, 19:36
Latest Pilot Jobs is what i used

I got almost full marks according to my feedback (dont know how haha) essentially I did the practice tests on all difficulties and when i didn't know it I went to BBC bitesize and learnt from the bottom. Also I didn't know any of it when I started so its definitely doable, I did about 2 hours a day for a couple of months.

They have interview tips and stuff as well which was pretty on point with what I have used as both an interviewer and interviewee during my life.

Qtr Life Crisis
15th Nov 2016, 20:01
Is anyone going for the course in march?