PDA

View Full Version : MCC Course up the grabs!

Fidel
4th Jul 2002, 19:37
Just seen the offer on www.visionaviation.co.uk £2500 course up for sponsorship a 1 in 65 chance for £55,
check it out

Professor Fog
4th Jul 2002, 22:27
lets see 55 x 65 = £3575 somebody is making a bit of a profit here

F3
5th Jul 2002, 00:38
Deja vu

FL000
5th Jul 2002, 11:58
Deja Vu ????

I have read with interest the reaction and response to Vision Aviation and agree there are a certain amount of risks to consider. The naive opion of of some of the wannabes concerned, that someone out there is making a profit I find hard to understand.

Would they be more interested if the sponsorship was offered so that vision aviation could run it at a loss to themselves what would be the point of that.

From reading between the lines on their web page they have set out to be farly transparent as to how many candidates they require to cover the cost of the successful candidates placement. In any form of business, costs are incurred I have seen they have advertised in the pilot magazine, that can not be much less than 500 pounds then there's the cost of running the selection day let alone the general running costs of any company. I can't see how there making much profit at all and if thats the case then maybe it should be seen as a helping hand for us out there.

Given the present climate and cosidering there is only limited sponsorship out there and like myself having invested money in getting as far as I can in order to be considered by an airline and then having to join the cue of many with + 300 hours and no experience. Who out there has the extra cash to try and put themselves above the rest with a type rating (if that works) or pay for an MCC that has now become a requirement, not me.

The concept of any company like Malgus or Vision Aviation can only work if there is support from the wannabes like ourselves. Give it a chance and if you think you can make the grade then apply if not, don't stiffle others potential interest with your naive or negative views.

diamodel
5th Jul 2002, 12:08
FL000

At last - some positive thinkiing

Chuffer Chadley
5th Jul 2002, 12:43
Chaps

Look- if anyone wishes to apply for this sort of thing (Malgus, Vision, etc) then they MUST do so with their eyes firmly open. These schemes are clearly not run by anyone with the welfare or career advancement of wannabees in mind. Airline-backed schemes are supposedly run so that the airline can employ the best, and not necessarily the richest, candidates, and as such have the merit of being run not just to make a fast buck.

Vision is another company making a profit without really offering anything to us. To apply for these people is little more than gambling on your relative ability to pass their selection.

If you wish to have a go- fair enough. But don't imagine it's anything that it isn't!

CC