PDA

View Full Version : Nothing better on a Sunday arvo....

Jonno_aus
2nd Nov 2016, 05:37
....then to have some mates around for a 'barbie' and fire up your RB211-22b for fun. :ok:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qM7ksfRVF70

SoundBarrier
2nd Nov 2016, 23:13
Teach the neighbour to let his dog yap all night.:D

Pappa Smurf
3rd Nov 2016, 00:56
I remember Ken Warby bought a military surpless R/R jet engine for $69 back in the 70,s.
He had it tied to a few trees in his backyard and used to get the RAAF boys to come and work on it.
Forget whether that went in his Spirit Of Australia boat which he got the world record at the time ,or his Thunder From Downunder drag truck.

G-CPTN
3rd Nov 2016, 01:09
I would want to see the tie-downs of that cradle (and not stand by the intake waving my hands in the breeze).

lomapaseo
3rd Nov 2016, 05:06
many a headphone has been eaten by engines from guys leaning in the inlet.

Then again I once was in one of these inlets when an idiot in the cockpit put it on the starter by accident trying to turn on the air conditioning on a hot day.

Krystal n chips
3rd Nov 2016, 07:53
" when an idiot in the cockpit put it on the starter by accident trying to turn on the air conditioning on a hot day.

He was probably a close genetic relative of the individual who decided, "for fun" to operate the HEIU's one day, when two of us were located in two separate jet pipes.....

We had a "full and frank discussion" after we emerged.

Ancient Mariner
3rd Nov 2016, 08:21
Tell me you didn't have a sign or something in the cockpit saying work on engines in progress?
Whenever I physically worked inside the big diesels I had the turning gear engaged, start air off and signs posted on any starting device spelling out how my ghost would chop their fingers off one at the time even before I became seriously brutal.
No way you can run away from a crankshaft doing 120 rpm.
Per

sitigeltfel
3rd Nov 2016, 09:06
A man out standing in his field. ;)

9wkxrQOkNdc

...his accent may puzzle a few though.