PDA

View Full Version : Immigrant violence in Sweden

Lantern10
2nd Nov 2016, 03:12
The Scandinavian country is facing an existential crisis with on average three police officers handing in their resignations a day.

SWEDEN IN CHAOS: Police pushed to breaking point by crime and violence | World | News | Daily Express (http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/727574/Sweden-chaos-Police-pushed-breaking-point-unprecedented-violence-crime)

What a complete and utter mess. God only knows how this is going to pay out.

sitigeltfel
2nd Nov 2016, 07:10
The Swedish are friendly, tolerant people, but somewhat naive. I have a Swedish friend, married to a Dane, and a few years ago she would scream "racist" at anyone broaching this subject. Her sister and mother visit around twice a year and gradually she has been getting the reality of what is happening from the front line, so to speak. Another Swede who lives here, and I have crossed swords with, is a retired UNHCR worker (fat pension of course) who continues to insist there is not a problem. The evidence suggests otherwise, and if you can't see it you are as deluded as those in the 1930s who insisted fascism wasn't a threat.

Nemrytter
2nd Nov 2016, 08:21
I'm surprised that the daily express reporters even know where Sweden is. Always assumed that for their journos using a map was a bit beyond their mental capabilities.
(edit) Definitely beyond the capabilities of their weatherman, though ;)

UniFoxOs
2nd Nov 2016, 09:23
I'm sure that one of the resident huggy fluffies will be along soon to tell you it's all made up and you are all a load of racists - I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Trossie
2nd Nov 2016, 09:36
I'm surprised that the[y] ... even know where Sweden is.Sweden can't be real. A land of beautiful scenery, happy people, social harmony, no war for 200 years and lots of beautiful blondes must be a Disney invention. It's existence must be fiction. Going on that, how can anyone know where it is?

SOPS
2nd Nov 2016, 09:44
It's a mess. How this will end is anybody's guess.

david1300
2nd Nov 2016, 12:13
I'm sre that one of the resident huggy fluffies will be along soon to tell you it's all made up and you are all a load of racists - I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Seeing as the resident huggy fluffies seem otherwise occupied I'll help you out: it's all made up and you're all a load of racists :p:p:p

ORAC
2nd Nov 2016, 12:38
The Death of the Most Generous Nation on Earth | Foreign Policy (http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/02/10/the-death-of-the-most-generous-nation-on-earth-sweden-syria-refugee-europe/)

"......The refugee issue has split Sweden’s genteel consensus as no other question has in recent memory. As Ivar Arpi, a columnist at the daily newspaper Svenska Dagbladet and an inveterate critic of the country’s refugee policy, said to me, “People have lost friends over this; families are divided against one another. I’ve had agonizing discussions with my mother and my little sister.” It is very hard to find a middle ground between “we must” and “we can’t.” One of the few people I spoke to who was seeking one was Diana Janse of the Moderates. I asked her if she feared that Sweden was in the process of committing suicide. “It’s an open question,” Janse replied. She worried that the costs of Sweden’s generosity were only beginning to come due, and no one cared to tally them.

She had just learned that since the right to 450 days of parental leave per child enshrined in Swedish laws also applies to women who arrive in the country with children under seven, refugees could qualify for several years’ worth of paid leave — even without working, since unemployed women also receive maternal benefits.........."

Sweden homing crisis: Migrants skip ahead of Swedes in housing queue | World | News | Daily Express (http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/727091/Migrants-skip-housing-queue-Swedish-families-homes)

"Earlier this month Express.co.uk reported several councils in the Scandinavian country are prioritising the requests of asylum seekers ahead of their own citizens, with migrants given housing straight away, despite Swedes being placed on a huge waiting list. Now 20 accommodations in Klippan, in south Sweden, are being prepared for migrants after a new policy demanded all available apartments owned by the municipal property company be put aside for asylum seekers........

In March this year, Sweden passed a law requiring all municipalities accept and provide housing for migrants, allowing families and others on the waiting to be placed at the back of the queue........"

MG23
2nd Nov 2016, 15:42
No! How are the Swedes possibly going to stop people flying drones with cameras if the police are all quitting!

G-CPTN
9th Nov 2016, 18:16
Afghan 'green-eyed girl': Pakistan deports Sharbat Gula - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37923826)

There are strict restrictions to getting a Pakistani ID card, which is needed for opening a bank account or to buy property.

Well, who'd have believed that? :rolleyes:

been deported from Pakistan after she was convicted of having fake ID papers.
It has been illegal for non-Pakistanis to have IDs since they were first issued in the 1970s but the law was not enforced.

DroneDog
9th Nov 2016, 18:50
Sweden...rape, burning cars etc not a major issue but God forbid you fly a drone with a camera.

Actually, Sweden mya be screwed in more ways, I can't remember the article but as part of their new open policy the government instructed the state bank to print money, lots of it. The plan being money was needed to build infrastructure for the new arrivals, who in turn would start businesses and the economy would flourish. Except that did not happen, certainly the building boom occurred and some did very nicely but the boom in new jobs and industries never happened. What did happen was that Swedish welfare bill soared and now its time maybe in 2018 when this printing money exercise will start to bite.

TURIN
9th Nov 2016, 19:31
What possible motive could someone based in Australia have in opening a thread, with a link to one of the most derided pieces of tabloid trash (Daily Express-a rag so right wing it makes the Daily Mail look moderate) about immigration in Sweden? :rolleyes:

sitigeltfel
9th Nov 2016, 19:35
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY5PHAEIAVJyPCv_igp-lUxBcu63vOMMrHmZ_VUWUcsGtdZQiu

Fairdealfrank
9th Nov 2016, 23:35
The Swedish are friendly, tolerant people, but somewhat naive. I have a Swedish friend, married to a Dane, and a few years ago she would scream "racist" at anyone broaching this subject. Her sister and mother visit around twice a year and gradually she has been getting the reality of what is happening from the front line, so to speak. Another Swede who lives here, and I have crossed swords with, is a retired UNHCR worker (fat pension of course) who continues to insist there is not a problem. The evidence suggests otherwise, and if you can't see it you are as deluded as those in the 1930s who insisted fascism wasn't a threat.

They are indeed, but have bought into concepts of political correctness, perhaps now reaping what was sowed. The word "swamped" comes to mind, too many all at once, making integration imposible. Another own goal by the establishment, vested interests and sneering metropolitan elites.

Lantern10
10th Nov 2016, 01:54
Immigrant integration can work if it's done correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_6gpy3XEU

I have no problems whatsoever with this approach.