PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Jean!

Viper 7
31st Oct 2016, 14:21
Former Gander pilot gets international award for search and rescue efforts - Newfoundland & Labrador - CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/sar-pilot-wins-international-award-1.3826451)

bgbazz
31st Oct 2016, 16:45
This article makes far better reading than the exaggerated exploits of a certain female featured recently.

Well done Jean and all the folk who help you make it happen.

newfieboy
31st Oct 2016, 18:45
Bravo Zulu Jean.
Being Rotary and seeing some of the WX and sea states you guys from Gander cross the beach outbound, Respect.....

oleary
1st Nov 2016, 04:17
Been to Hibernia many times in a 61 and flew the 214ST out of Halifax.

Also 8 years in the Beaufort Sea (212/76/61) and winter high Arctic in the 212/61.

I always had in the back of my mind that you guys would come and find us if something really bad happened.

This is a great honour for Canada and especially for you. Well done, my son!

1st Nov 2016, 08:28
A well deserved award - many congratulations:ok: Yes, the crew are the top end of a support pyramid but they are also the ones taking the risks and scaring themselves.

Thomas coupling
1st Nov 2016, 15:23
Had the honour to serve with them back in the eighties on the S61's. It's not the equipment that does it, it's the person - these people are the best. They make it look like a walk in the park.
I remember doing a sub transfer off bermuda with them to collect a seriously injured submariner. The sub called up and said it would surface to conning tower depth for x minutes only due to operational reasons. We had to find it.
It was night and the casualty was 186 Nm's out. The navigator flew us there bang on the numbers using the old weather radar in the back of those old hulks! Mind blowing guys!