PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of flying in Indonesia

TBM-Legend
31st Oct 2016, 12:31
New rules for expats:

Rules tightened over foreign pilots in Indonesia - Business - The Jakarta Post (http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2016/10/31/rules-tightened-over-foreign-pilots-in-indonesia.html)

also Turbo-Caribou on one of its first flights since arriving in country:
Personnel deployed to search for missing cargo plane in Papua - National - The Jakarta Post (http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2016/10/31/personnel-deployed-to-search-for-missing-cargo-plane-in-papua.html)

Judd
1st Nov 2016, 00:34
Foreign pilots are facing fresh restrictions on flying in Indonesia as the government has issued a regulation banning them from working for more than two years so that airlines must recruit unemployed local pilots

Then watch the already dismal accident rate increase :sad:

Metro man
1st Nov 2016, 04:06
If they had enough locals in the first place, they wouldn't be employing foreigners. Sounds just like India, don't want expats but can't do without them.

training wheels
1st Nov 2016, 06:51
I've just left after 6 years of flying there. There are about 700 unemployed fresh CPL graduates in Indonesia and this is the reason why the DGCA and the department of labor has made it harder for foreign pilots to get approval to work there now. My last KITAS took almost 3 months to approve, so the writing was already on the wall 12 months ago. Anyway, it's time to get the t-shirt 'I flew in Indonesia and survive'. Many who have flown there have found the experience valuable and have moved on to greener pastures, with many now flying jets for various airlines around the world. I shoud also say that Indonesian pilots have also benefited from having expats in their airlines as their terms and conditions have improved. I am told by an ex colleague who is now an FO in Garuda that her take home pay is equivalent to $8K AUD per month on average. This is a remarkable increase compared to what it was when I first came to Indonesia.

troppo
1st Nov 2016, 08:30
So with the 'entry level/GA jobs' how are they going to get around the insurance requirements for all the local cpls? I do note that 'remote area' eg papua is excluded from this new requirement.