PDA

View Full Version : BA-pilot story in The Sun

garp
30th Oct 2016, 19:46
I'm amazed to read how one's name can be published just like that in the newspaper. Imagine if the man in question actually had nothing to do with this rather odd story.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3886748/BA-pilot-suspended-photos-performing-sex-acts-38-000ft.html

UniFoxOs
30th Oct 2016, 19:54
BA-pilot story in The Sun

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...

You may be confusing the Sun with the Mail. One is a crap rag that prints rubbish, while the other is a crap rag that...Oh it doesn't really make much difference!

BehindBlueEyes
30th Oct 2016, 19:58
:rolleyes: Where was the FO when these pictures were taken? Or was he/she taking the photos??! :O

Sallyann1234
30th Oct 2016, 23:39
The R&N thread on this is more JB than JB! Amazing it stayed open for so long.

llondel
31st Oct 2016, 03:16
The R&N thread on this is more JB than JB! Amazing it stayed open for so long.

You're not talking about the Don't Rock The Plane (http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/585820-don-t-rock-plane.html) thread, I assume? :E

B Fraser
31st Oct 2016, 09:45
A case of pilot induced oscillation ?

wiggy
31st Oct 2016, 09:51
Sallyann

The R&N thread on this is more JB than JB!

I'm afraid the noise level in R&N has slowly increased over the years and it continues to increase.....it is getting harder and harder to make the effort to make any reasoned and informed contribution in that place because if you don't agree with the group think you'll be shouted down......:bored:

Now to be fair the photos thread you are referring to does at least comply in a way with R&Ns stated aims, which are:

Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

Sadly after the OP there most of the rest of the posts (not all) don't contribute anything at all. As for the impression some subsequent posts must give to those casual visitors thinking they are dropping in on a supposedly reputable forum and reading stuff posted that has been written by implication by professional pilots...:eek:

Personally if it were possible I'd lock R&N down and only make posting it available to pros, in keeping with the sub forum description, that still leaves JB and other places available for controversial stuff such as follow up comments re the photos, or even TCT...but it's the website owners train set.

Llondel...:ok:

blue up
31st Oct 2016, 10:26
I like the comment on the Mail page...

"Is this high jacking??"

redsnail
31st Oct 2016, 13:27
Ahhh the loneliness of command....

Pace
31st Oct 2016, 14:11
I started that thread and it was up to 18000 hits in 24 hrs ))

Just think if I could get away with a Brexit thread there )) instead of a group of 10 die hards, who will never change their minds or way of thinking anyway
the skies the limit )) We are almost like a friendly private club in there even if we do argue)

It was a shame the BA Pilot Story was used as a filth thread (( instead of discussing true dangers to flight of such antics
But it was probably one of the most unusual aviation events ever ? Beats pilot arrested for being drunk

Maybe I should start a thread called Orgy at 38000 feet as a cover for a concealed Brexit thread

BehindBlueEyes
31st Oct 2016, 14:35
I like the comment on the Mail page...

"Is this high jacking??"
I don't know why, maybe it's the way my mind works, but I find the use of the word 'probing' rather fascinating.

Hussar 54
31st Oct 2016, 15:31
There was, of course, the famous 'stripping French air hostess' videos ( google if you must ) which we discussed on here at the time....

Whatever the truth behind this weird, weird story, as someone said at the time of ' strpping French air hostess ' - It's a strange way to resign.

Pace
31st Oct 2016, 17:28
Strange my thread has hit 20,000 views from 18000 since it was locked and all in 24 hrs
Says something about what pruners want )) but not what Pprune wants

FLCH
1st Nov 2016, 00:30
OK the Sun may be crap but the headline "Todger and out" was pretty good !

Dan_Brown
1st Nov 2016, 06:20
Great init??

These people are put through all the "tests" to get into these outfits and look what they get. This is one example of many, who have been caught at it.

I have known thugs, psychopaths and perverts get through the system.

My pet dog would do a better job in an instant, than some HR departments at weeding out.

No, none of us are perfect.

57mm
1st Nov 2016, 09:47
Ah yes, HR, otherwise known as Human Remains......

fitliker
1st Nov 2016, 15:43
Meanwhile ; In other news the NHS Sperm bank is to close due to lack of Donors . If the nurses had offered to help with the donation I am sure that the bank would have been full and overflowing with generous
donations . Well at least some of the Nurses I knew would have helped fill a bucket .

They should provide sample jars to certain airline flight crews .
The Donor description could include the phrase " Donor has excellent eye hand co-ordination through many hours of flying by instruments " They could leave out the eye hand co-ordination improvements caused by reading dirty magazines :)

Blacksheep
1st Nov 2016, 16:36
...if you don't agree with the group think you'll be shouted down......That's why I gave up posting in R&N, Tech Log and the Engineers Forums. I was attacked by Admin for daring to air a view of my own concerning moderation of Jet Blast.

Blacksheep
1st Nov 2016, 16:38
I recall that time of the "Fly Air New Zealand..." campaign - "..the airline that does give a f*** for its passengers" :ooh:

funfly
1st Nov 2016, 17:04
Stewards and stewardesses were seen downing bottles of champagne and red wine in front of stunned onlookers in First and Club premium cabins on a flight from London to Washington.
Passengers said the BA staff began screaming and shouting 'like spoiled brats'. Some reported them kissing and 'heavy petting'.

Wyler
1st Nov 2016, 19:25
He obviously set off the TCAS - Tiny Cock Alerting System.

Flight_Idle
1st Nov 2016, 22:11
Too ridiculous to be true & I'm not going to take any notice of the press publishing stories that have not been proved in court.

One thing that really grinds my gears is the press publishing unproven stories.

core_dump
2nd Nov 2016, 00:26
I don't fault the guy for getting naked in the cockpit and putting on stockings. I mean everyone does that once in a while, right? But what on earth was going through his head when he decided it was a good idea to send photos of this act to someone else?? That's the weird part. Especially since that certain someone didn't turn out to be all that trustworthy. Is this the way he asks for dates or something? I can't imagine photos like this impress many of the womens.

FLCH
2nd Nov 2016, 00:54
Too ridiculous to be true & I'm not going to take any notice of the press publishing stories that have not been proved in court.

Bury your head in the sand then.....

Google Martin Greathurst, Andrew Creelman or William McAuliffe

It's not just BA at all....the world over it's that small percentage that bring attention to the 90% of us that don't attract that kind of crap.

parabellum
3rd Nov 2016, 04:24
I can't imagine photos like this impress many of the womens.

Maybe it wasn't women he was hoping to attract?

B Fraser
3rd Nov 2016, 09:36
What do you mean "maybe" ?

:rolleyes:

GearDown&Locked
3rd Nov 2016, 13:35
I see a trend here... pilots in stockings inside cockpits, a new ice bucket challenge perhaps.

FLCH
3rd Nov 2016, 14:00
Agreed Basil, I usually ladder my frillies on the tiller end up making a break for the grass, plus it would be nice to have carpet, not so at my place, it makes for cold feet.

Ice bucket challenge ? They'll definitely be some shrinkage there then.