PDA

View Full Version : Swinburne Aviation - 2017

KaneH
30th Oct 2016, 16:16
Hey all,

I have applied to get in to the Bachelor of Aviation at Swinburne Uni next year, and have my skills assessment at OAA at Moorabbin airport in early December. (This is the only way I'm going to be able to afford to fund my flight training.)

If there are any previous/current Swinburne students doing the same course I'd appreciate any information about the course / how you're doing now (employment wise)

I also have some questions about the skills assessment in particular,

How many people actually attend the assessment day, as well as how many are selected for the program?

My predicted ATAR currently (before doing my final exams) is around 88, (the indicative ATAR only being 70) I assume that the school only looks at what scores you get on the day if they see you have a 70+ ATAR (to give out places?)

Any advice on preparing for/what to expect the day?

FlyingCharlie01
1st Nov 2016, 06:12
I have a similar question too. I currently have almost finished my PPL through school, having completed my RPL through Oxford so they would still have my flight records on file. I have lots of experience in teaching aviation through air force cadets and am very motivated to make it in the aviation industry.

on top of this I have also completed work experience with the royal Australian air force

However, I have had a very rough year with some personal issues and have not performed very well in exams. I hoping to get a 70 but if i get just under, what will be my chances of getting into this course?

(I have applied for SEAS)