PDA

View Full Version : Flight school in Kathmandu/Nepal?

Spode
30th Oct 2016, 07:32
Hi

I've got a PPL-A, and am planning a holiday to Nepal next year. My friends are interested in culture but to me it is a chance to possibly do a lesson with a school in high altitude flying, and why not receive instruction and sight see at the same time, instead of just being a tourist?

Does anyone know if there is a flight school offering PPL level training in Kathmandu etc.? I have searched but only seem to find Cabin Crew/Air Hostess type schools.

This might be way beyond the realms of reality, but it is worth a try.

Thanks for the help.
Ryan

hogey74
7th Mar 2017, 13:13
If so I reckon I've run into you elsewhere online :-).

Did you have any luck with this? I am up there in a few weeks and I'd like to get in some dual. I realise your post was from 2011 lol

cheers John

pfvspnf
7th Mar 2017, 14:26
I'd avoid any flight school or light aircraft flying there like a ten foot pole.

jackcarls0n
11th Mar 2017, 00:42
No flightschools as such there. None pretty much. Only commercial operation, no General Aviation.

The Avia club in pokhara started a training thing but i am not sure if it still on. That is just powered handgliders.

But id avoid training there. Especially for a foreigner, the process doesn't even exist. But at Avia club you can fly pay extra and do few landings on sports aircraft. But that part of nepal isn't high elevation, but beautiful scenery.