PDA

View Full Version : Red Arrows First Show in China

Fareastdriver
29th Oct 2016, 15:28
The have been flying at Zhuhai, just across the Pearl River from Hong Kong.

Red Arrows give first display in China - Xinhua | English.news.cn (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/video/2016-10/29/c_135789445.htm)

Fonsini
30th Oct 2016, 03:51
I heard the air coming out of their turbines is actually cleaner than the air going into them :E

Chugalug2
30th Oct 2016, 08:19
Well done the Reds. I imagine the Reds they displayed to were well impressed! Is it just me, or are RAF Sqn Ldrs getting ever younger these days? :)

Fareastdriver
30th Oct 2016, 08:28
I hope they are better organised than the Russian aerobatic pair that I saw at Zhuhai a few years ago. On the final day when they departed they lined up, told ATC where they were going and punched off, in a straight line, all through Chinese controlled airspace, to some airbase in Russia.

Canute
30th Oct 2016, 10:15
That sounds reasonably organised, surely?

Jaysi
31st Oct 2016, 02:49
WIWOL (apologies...) on occasions when we staged to Cyprus rather than tanked, there were some legs when due to weather and diversion constraints, fuel was a touch tight (surprise) and we needed to be at altitude quickly to give us a little cushion. Some departures, through controlled airspace, were very tiered and not conducive to achieving the plan. Not having a Mode C it was out with the bogle scope and a rapid climb to the high thirties where we were confident we wouldn't get in anyone's way. All the time making the appropriate calls "level at FL50/FL120/FL180" etc... Seemed perfectly sensible in those days?!

MPN11
31st Oct 2016, 10:26
When I was at Tengah (WIWAT) we were hemmed in by airways to the North and East, from about 2,000' to FL250. Extracting a departing Lightning from this inconvenience without a load of low-level transit, or an airways crossing process, was frequently resolved by utilising the "Tiger's Leap" departure ... rotate to near vertical and go VFR on top at FL250+ before proceeding North/East to 'wherever' to play with Bukit Gombak GCI.

tartare
1st Nov 2016, 02:09
The Tigers Leap - I love it.