PDA

View Full Version : Operating under someone else AOC!!

Turkpilot1
28th Oct 2016, 08:44
Hi,

I have few questions and hope some experts in pprune can answer them.

- Is it possible to operate unders someone else AOC in EU but in different countries? For example: My operation will be based in northern europe and the company that I'm using the AOC is from Switzerland.

- How easy is it to convince a company to use their AOC? How much does it cost to rent it?

Thank you :ok:

what next
28th Oct 2016, 10:04
1.Yes

2.a How easy? Depends on how much you can afford...
2.b Airplane management cost varies by a factor of 100 I would say. Depending on the AOC holder, the kind of operation, the type and size of your aircraft, and a dozen other factors. If you bring a BBJ to a company that has been operating only Kingairs before will open a whole new world to them. To the point that they may even let you fly under their AOC free of charge. On the other hand, an operator of a dozen BBJs will probably charge you the same amount for your Kingair that he charges the BBJ owners.

Turkpilot1
28th Oct 2016, 14:54
1.Yes

2.a How easy? Depends on how much you can afford...
2.b Airplane management cost varies by a factor of 100 I would say. Depending on the AOC holder, the kind of operation, the type and size of your aircraft, and a dozen other factors. If you bring a BBJ to a company that has been operating only Kingairs before will open a whole new world to them. To the point that they may even let you fly under their AOC free of charge. On the other hand, an operator of a dozen BBJs will probably charge you the same amount for your Kingair that he charges the BBJ owners.

Thank you for your answers, may I ask yo another question.

- How much does it cost to manage a CJ2 airplane? I mean how much does managment companies charge / monthly for managing a CJ2

thanks

what next
28th Oct 2016, 15:32
How much does it cost to manage a CJ2 airplane? I mean how much does managment companies charge / monthly for managing a CJ2

Don't tack me down on that ... but I would say anything from 2000 Euros upwards depending on the level of service provided. As a ballpark figure, to manage the paperwork of one commercially operated plane one office day per week is required. Makes 1/5 of a full time employee who costs the company 100000 Euros per year all included. So those 2000 Euros just about cover the manpower. Add to that scheduling, crew training, flight planning, flights following, CAME/CAMO (if done in-house), administrative fees, ...

Miles Magister
28th Oct 2016, 16:32
well as said above it varies. You need to talk to several different companies and assess what they say to you. They will all seem to be the best thing ever until you delve into the detail.

I am not in the business now but I recently saw an Ops manual written by a consultant company for an operator and quite honestly my teenage daughter could have done a better job in her bedroom over a weekend.

If you would like some genuinely independent opinion on offers you have had then PM me. I do know which operators I trust out there, and there are some good guys around. Often it unfortunately takes a bit of experience before you find them.

Take care and choose wisely then everything will be fine,

MM

PSF2J
5th Nov 2016, 08:21
If you need some help with CJs on this subject, PM me for some details of someone who is able to give you some non-biased advice (who isn't me!)

Best wishes,

Jimbp

Turkpilot1
9th Oct 2018, 08:47
Hi everyone, just a short question:

If I operate under someones else AOC that is in a different country where my airplane is registered do I have to change airplane registration?
so for example: my aircraft is Danish registered and the AOC operator is from Switzerland, if I want to operate under their AOC can I still keep my Danish registration.

thanks

Hodin
10th Oct 2018, 07:42
Hi everyone, just a short question:

If I operate under someones else AOC that is in a different country where my airplane is registered do I have to change airplane registration?
so for example: my aircraft is Danish registered and the AOC operator is from Switzerland, if I want to operate under their AOC can I still keep my Danish registration.

thanks

That depends on bilateral agreements between those countries. "ICAO 83 bis" is what you are looking for.
Info should be available on the CAA's homepage.