PDA

View Full Version : AMS Spotting Terrace

Tim91
27th Oct 2016, 13:31
I'm connecting via AMS next month and will have about 5-6 hours to kill between my flights.

Heard about and seen on the AMS website their 'Terrace' which I believe is landside and part of the terminal building.

Has anyone ever been and can they provide directions? There doesn't seem to be any direction or explanation as to where to find the Terrace itself on the website.

Hotel Tango
27th Oct 2016, 14:29
Panorama Terrace (http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/FoodRelax/BeforePassportControl2/Relax/PanoramaTerrace.htm)

Yes, good views. Just follow the signs to Panorama Terrace. Can be closed if weather conditions are bad.

jackieofalltrades
28th Oct 2016, 13:23
I've used it a few times. It is landslide so you will have to clear security again to get your connecting flight. But it does offer good views, weather permitting.
I flew through AMS the other day and it looks like there is a Fokker 70/100 to explore on the terrace too. Couldn't see from my seat on the plane which one it was for sure.

MathFox
28th Oct 2016, 16:36
An indoors alternative for plane spotting is walking to the end of the pier, you have a good view on some of the runways there. You miss out on the kerosene smell though!

Skipness One Echo
30th Oct 2016, 11:08
Is the side overlooking the E and F piers permanently closed?

WilliumMate
31st Oct 2016, 07:49
There was a restaurant up there, called Dakotas I think, where I got a good plate of food and a beer for little more than the burger joints downstairs.

jackieofalltrades
3rd Nov 2016, 17:44
Is the side overlooking the E and F piers permanently closed?

Last time I went through a few weeks ago that area was under construction, but from what I could tell it will be reopened in due course with some new shops.

Piltdown Man
6th Nov 2016, 23:07
it looks like there is a Fokker 70/100 to explore on the terrace too

It is actually a Fokker 100. The horrible thing for me is that this is effectively a museum piece but I have flown in it several times. Things like that tend to age you.