PDA

View Full Version : Crotone

davidjohnson6
26th Oct 2016, 23:20
Game over from 01 November 2016
Italian regulator ENAC to effectively end all flights following airport bankruptcy

For those not familiar, it's an airport in the deep south of Italy that has domestic flights with Ryanair. Presumably there isn't enough traffic to sustain Crotone along with Lamezia and Reggio

davidjohnson6
4th Dec 2017, 22:10
It seems that not only will Crotone reopen but FlyServus / Common Sky Austria will start routes in January including a route to Luton

I'm tempted to wait until the first flight takes place and then buy a one way ticket from London to Crotone, and a ticket on a much more established airline to get me back home again !

Anyone know much about either Crotone's reopening or the airline lined up to open a base in a rather remote Italian town with little business travel in the middle of winter ?

compton3bravo
5th Dec 2017, 04:05
The airport website is showing a twice weekly service (Friday-Sunday) to Luton as well as other services to Rome, Milan and Bologna.

Confirmed Must Ride
5th Dec 2017, 07:09
Cant see this ever working - just priced up a rtn LTN-CRV-LTN = EUR390!

LGS6753
5th Dec 2017, 07:13
Common Sky is an Austrian operator, formerly known as MAP Jet. They have operated business jets up to now.

davidjohnson6
1st Jan 2018, 20:24
FlyServus has delayed start of operations to 26-March-2018. Apparently in 30 days of marketing, just 47 tickets were sold

https://www.crotonenews.com/aeroporto-crotone-poche-prenotazioni-non-si-vola-prima-del-26-marzo-prossimo/

Plane.Silly
2nd Jan 2018, 12:56
Either very brave, or very stupid, to admit your airline just isn't popular. Couldn't they have used some generic phrase, such as "Marketing issues" or "technical difficulties".

If people didn't go before, i'd be surprised if they do now

pamann
2nd Jan 2018, 13:12
So based on the fact they’ve sold 47 tickets in 30 days, with 84 days to go until they launch the route, they should sell another 132 tickets based on the above.

Sounds like a total success 🙄

davidjohnson6
22nd Jan 2018, 20:41
Crotone airport have now decided to ask Ryanair if they could possibly come back and fly a few routes from Crotone. I imagine Ryanair can pretty much name their price when it comes to airport fees and marketing support.

The FlyServus website currently lists zero destinations which suggests flights may not start on 26-Mar-2018 after all...