PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Base and Salary

Licence to Learn
24th Oct 2016, 17:06
Hello,

Please could a current Easyjet employee who joined via the CTC application process tell me more information on the following aspects of working for the company:

When you finish your training via CTC, do you have the option to request a base? If not, where will they likely put you and for how long?

What are the commute rules for being able to fly to your base, say within 1 hour?

What would a CTC cadet take home after tax per month? Does this include any repayments back to Easyjet/CTC for the training?

I appreciate any insights.

Thank you.

Polorutz
24th Oct 2016, 22:49
Hello L2L, I'm an ex CTC cadet who's now a Captain at Easy.

When you finish your training with CTC you will not be employed by easyjet but you will be employed by CTC for your first year. You will fly for easyjet as a contractor.

You can give your base preference but it doesn't matter too much, easy will tell CTC they need X cadets in Y place and CTC will place you wherever they want.

Normally you will stay in that base until you get a permanent contract after one year, then you can put your name for a transfer to the base of your choice and it depends which base you want as to how long it takes.

The commute rules are that you must live within 90 minutes driving distance to your assigned base, as this is the maximum time they will give you when they call you off a Standby. Some people commute home on days off but certainly live near their assigned base when on duty. Any sort of commute is hard to do if you have a flexible roster, which you will have for a number of years from your start.

A CTC cadet takes home around 40 GBP per block hour and you can factor about 65 hours per month average during the year, that figure does not include taxes or loan repayments.

Licence to Learn
25th Oct 2016, 11:37
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, it's really helpful.

So essentially, you have to put up with being based somewhere for a year and then you can request a base that you would consider home and hope for the best? Mine would be Liverpool or Manchester, do you know if they are sought after bases?

So with 2,600 before tax, if you don't mind my asking, how much would CTC or the bank take from you per month to pay off your training costs? I'm assuming the total cost for training should you be a genius and pass everything first time is circa £100,000?

vikdream
26th Oct 2016, 07:02
You pay the costs and you take the risks, so it's up to your bank and will depend on your deal with them.

If you take the full amount, expect repayments well in excess of 1000 pounds a month.

That's if you end up in EZY, Flybe, Specsavers or Mcdonalds. Your bank won't care and will want the money back.

universe77
26th Oct 2016, 07:12
Regarding repayments terms/amounts/expectations - these are available online from the likes of BBVA.

At a very basic level, expect a 24 month repayment 'holiday' during training, followed by a period of 'reduced repayments' (this could be another 24 months but can't quite remember) followed by the remaining ~6 years of quite heavy repayments.

But as already suggested, this depends on the amount of money borrowed.

Polorutz
26th Oct 2016, 21:13
I paid around £1000 per month on my 2 loans which totalled £89000 when I finished.

At the beginning of your career if you net £1000 after the loans you will be lucky. This however will obviously change the more experience you have and the farther up you go in the payscale.

5 years from starting you have the potential of earning more than £5000 per month net.

You have to be prepared to live frugally for a little while in order to reap the rewards. If you're smart about it you could go to Europe and nab a permanent contract from the start which would seriously change how much you make at the start.

Licence to Learn
28th Oct 2016, 07:09
Hello everyone, thank you for your replies.