PDA

View Full Version : Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

CISTRS
24th Oct 2016, 06:46
I'm rather surprised that this thread has not yet been started, so here goes...

http://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.net/s3/digital-cougar-assets/WomansDay/2016/10/24/16882/Princess-beatrice-princess-eugenie.jpg?width=922&mode=crop&anchor=topcenter&quality=75

I think that Charles has called this correctly.

Comments from other pruners?

Wingswinger
24th Oct 2016, 07:16
Agreed. Is Mrs Tindall on the public payroll?

TopBunk
24th Oct 2016, 07:53
Agreed.

Wasters, just like their father, Randy.

waco
24th Oct 2016, 08:28
Its about time the UK grew up, left the 19th century and got rid of all of them.

Haraka
24th Oct 2016, 08:43
With pantomime time approaching again, they do remind me somewhat of two other sisters.:)

BehindBlueEyes
24th Oct 2016, 09:22
Its about time the UK grew up, left the 19th century and got rid of all of them.
Well said!!!

There's the old argument that, "They bring tourists to the uk etc" but we have enough history and culture that attract overseas visitors anyway. I don't know about anyone else but it certainly pees me off that I have to PAY to visit Buck House when myself and every other 'commoner' in Britain has contributed through our taxes to to its purchase, its upkeep and its contents so that the 'elite' can live in total luxury and indulgence.

Fareastdriver
24th Oct 2016, 09:32
What on Earth is this thread all about?

G-CPTN
24th Oct 2016, 09:35
What on Earth is this thread all about?
Prince Andrew wants Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to be given taxpayer-funded royal roles and new accommodation at Kensington Palace but the move has been blocked by Prince Charles.

Evanelpus
24th Oct 2016, 09:35
I'm with Fareastdriver, what the heck is this all about and what has Charlie called correctly?

Sallyann1234
24th Oct 2016, 09:36
I have always supported the principle of a monarchy, and I have a lot of respect for the present Queen. But the examples here are bringing the whole thing into disrepute.
Anything could happen when the present monarch departs.

Evanelpus
24th Oct 2016, 09:36
Thanks CPTN, we must have posted at exactly the same time.

One up for Charlie I say.

handsfree
24th Oct 2016, 09:42
Just for information

Prince Charles 'blocks Prince Andrew's request for Beatrice and Eugenie's royal roles' | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3863928/Queen-centre-row-sons-Prince-Charles-blocks-Prince-Andrew-s-request-Beatrice-Eugenie-given-time-royal-roles.html)

ExXB
24th Oct 2016, 09:44
Are they qualified for any other work? How about polishing the silver at Winsor Castle. At least they could plane spot from there. :cool:

Fareastdriver
24th Oct 2016, 09:45
Now I know what it is all about I agree with Big Ears.

You would have to include several European and a plethora of Middle and Far Eastern countries. Whilst you have got the rope out you can start with Francois Hollande because he is a Co-Prince of Andorra.

G-CPTN
24th Oct 2016, 09:51
Both Princesses have 2.1 degrees and have worked 'in the Arts and Finance' I believe.

oldchina
24th Oct 2016, 09:54
Least respected professions

If surveyed, the average Briton would place politicians among estate agents and used car salesmen as the least trustworthy professions.
Surprising then that a vocal minority still want one as Head of State.

Sallyann1234
24th Oct 2016, 10:53
Both Princesses have 2.1 degrees and have worked 'in the Arts and Finance' I believe. By 'working', they have been given jobs by people who consider it useful to have their names on the books, and to use their various society contacts.
They seem to have no problem getting time off to attend various race meetings, social events, multiple holidays etc.

racedo
24th Oct 2016, 11:12
There's the old argument that, "They bring tourists to the uk etc"

WOW they are airline pilots........................ who knew.

racedo
24th Oct 2016, 11:13
Why can't they do what every brainless royal has done over the years to be looked after and shag someone then get married.

BehindBlueEyes
24th Oct 2016, 11:22
Least respected professions

If surveyed, the average Briton would place politicians among estate agents and used car salesmen as the least trustworthy professions.
Surprising then that a vocal minority still want one as Head of State.
Tend to agree but at least we can vote a president/leader out. We're stuck with the royals.

ShyTorque
24th Oct 2016, 11:35
Why can't they do what every brainless royal has done over the years to be looked after and shag someone then get married.
Isn't that what most commoners do, too?

oggers
24th Oct 2016, 12:05
Sallyann1234

They seem to have no problem getting time off to attend various race meetings, social events, multiple holidays etc.

So you've not been on multiple holidays, you don't attend social events, and you've never been or would associate yourself with anyone who enjoys a day at the races? :rolleyes:

RedhillPhil
24th Oct 2016, 12:17
Make the idle bitches work in a proper job and pay rent or buy their own place. Why should the tax that I pay on my pension go to fund their drone-like lifestyle - and their father's too.

Sallyann1234
24th Oct 2016, 12:20
Oggers
No more than any normal working person, and a lot less than many.

PDR1
24th Oct 2016, 12:28
Then clearly you need to work harder and/or shag someone wealthier.

Seemples

PDR

NutLoose
24th Oct 2016, 12:29
Make the idle bitches work in a proper job and pay rent or buy their own place. Why should the tax that I pay on my pension go to fund their drone-like lifestyle - and their father's too. Totally and utterly agree.

Charles, 67, reportedly blocked the move, fearing an increase in the number of taxpayer-funded royals would threaten his popularity when he becomes king.I find that rather amusing in that he actually believes he will be popular.

DirtyProp
24th Oct 2016, 12:31
Comments from other pruners?

Nice hats.
Can I take them both? :E

PDR1
24th Oct 2016, 12:33
Tend to agree but at least we can vote a president/leader out. We're stuck with the royals.

Really? That worked well with Corbyn, and is working well with Trump, isn't it...

But even if we set that aside the argument against an elected head of state is the same as the argument against and elected 2nd chamber - as soon as they have a democratic mandate you actually have to give them some power. In our system we allocate certain powers to the head of state to stop anyone ever using them. It's the sort of subtlety that makes the UK work so much better than the colonies.

PDR

Sallyann1234
24th Oct 2016, 12:57
Agree with you PDR. The monarch has more use than a mere tourist attraction.

VP959
24th Oct 2016, 13:03
Much as I have grave doubts over the competence of Prince Charles to ever be head of state, I think he's absolutely right in this decision, and for exactly the right reasons. Prince Andrew has long been a bit of a pain. I knew him when he was a young Midshipman at Culdrose, and then had dealings with him again when he was working in OR. He's a good pilot and competent enough, but has a yawning chasm in his ability to deal with people at a personal level. My view is that he has repeatedly shown poor judgement, been an embarrassment to the country more than once, and back when I knew him he was a constant source of additional work for his protection team, who spent more time trying to cover up his gaffes than they did protecting him. The highlight, as I recall, was when the owner of the Ladystreet Club, a certain gentleman called Nesbitt, had had enough of his and his mates antics (a bunch of them were spitting mouthfuls of beer at each other on the small dance floor) and physically ejected him from the club (with wry grins from his two protection guys, who enjoyed it more than the rest of us watching).

On the plus side I admired his abilities as a pilot, and his ability to get to the core of problems when he was working in OR. It seemed to just be his social skills (or lack of them) that got him into trouble.

I think he should have followed his sisters example and refused to allow his children to use titles. I always thought she did the exactly the right thing when she did that.

Spunky Monkey
24th Oct 2016, 13:41
Not sure why they need space in the Palace.
They spend most of the winter in Verbier with and without their Father and Mother.
Seemed nice enough for socialites.

Personally I think they should go incognito and stand on their own two feet. They may get some benefit rather than just drifting.
That said, I don't think their parents are great role models.

Krystal n chips
24th Oct 2016, 13:49
" So you've not been on multiple holidays, you don't attend social events, and you've never been or would associate yourself with anyone who enjoys a day at the races "

Always nice to read the thoughts of many on here concerning their perception of life and social strata.

This may come as a surprise, but, many people can't even afford one holiday, let alone multiple holidays. Social events, depends on your definition of social event of course, are also a selective item for many.

As for a day at the races, now there is a waste of a day along with a waste of money. I went to the Grand National, once, and that was more than enough.

And now, back to the sorry saga of impoverished woe and destitution that clearly awaits these two young ladies.

Wyler
24th Oct 2016, 14:10
Work shy free loaders, just like their Mum.

alwayzinit
24th Oct 2016, 14:24
I think HRH PoW has called this one correctly, which is surprising as I find the man repellent.
The UK has got a real problem on the horizon, imho, when The Queen inevitably falls off her perch.
She and DoE have been a constant source of advice and experience on Global matters for numerous UK PMs.
She has always worked flat out and still does. Her replacement not so much. The likes of DoC and waity Katy are even lazier.
Mrs A and I had a very frank discussion about the roles of the Royals. Personally I would rather keep an unelected Head of State, to provide the objective and impartial role currently assumed by The Queen.
The option of a wholly political elected Head of State would loose the lifetime of experience and impartiality that we have now.
Mrs A would disband the lot of them after The Queen passes. That is unless Prince Harry got the job!! She thinks he is cute!
I agree, not that he isn't cute, but he appears to be much more grounded than his brother.
Interesting times ahead.

obgraham
24th Oct 2016, 17:47
What's with these flying saucer apparatus on their heads? Some sort of antenna?

Tankertrashnav
24th Oct 2016, 18:20

Yep, we can then adopt the system they have over the pond. No silly razzamataz and conspicuous money spending with their system - no sir!

;)

Trossie
24th Oct 2016, 19:06
Tankertrashnav, said with that typical British tongue-in-cheek, no doubt?

Nervous SLF
24th Oct 2016, 19:47
The French seem to be able to attract tourists to that Palace of Versailles near Paris and they don't have a monarch.
To me keeping the royals just because it is alleged that they attract tourists is a poor excuse.

sitigeltfel
24th Oct 2016, 20:35
Charles seems to be in a bit of haste to get his hands on the crown, orb and sceptre. Nothing good will become of his eventual reign.
The current Monarch is known for giving advice, Charles is showing a preference for interference.
Also, don't get me started on his woman! :*

pineridge
24th Oct 2016, 20:40
RedhillPhil said...............

"Make the idle bitches work in a proper job"

That was not very nice, Phil, and Redhill is in Surrey (Tiger Club, anybody), not Cornwall.

Tankertrashnav
24th Oct 2016, 20:52
The French dont need a royal family. They have their own system for paying a load of idle layabouts who cant be sacked to do nothing:

https://www.thelocal.fr/20161017/onlyinfrance-french-civil-servant-paid-for-10-years-to-do-nothing

meadowrun
24th Oct 2016, 21:14
The Queen might attract tourists hoping to get a glimpse of her but none of the others do. For the rest of the visitors it's the history and the odd bit of pageantry. Some do some shopping but that is not tourism or travelling.

Loose rivets
24th Oct 2016, 21:46
I find Beatrice overwhelmingly attractive . . . but for the life of me, I can't remember why.:uhoh:

It is possible their dad may have shone if he'd been put to the tests of WWII. Very often people like that are wasted in peacetime.

G-CPTN
24th Oct 2016, 22:03
I find Beatrice overwhelmingly attractive . . .
Beatrice no - Eugenie yes.

Perhaps not overwhelmingly.

NutLoose
24th Oct 2016, 23:00
Charles case isn't helped by the fact he is married to Rod Hull, his chances of being credible died along with Diana.
I totally agree the Monarchy civil list should die with the Queen, after all the Dutch manage without it and simply pay a few a wage

Under current Dutch law the monarch receives an annual stipend which is part of the annual budget, as do the heir-apparent, the consort of the monarch and the consort of the heir-apparent.[Law 4] The monarch receives this stipend constitutionally, the others because they are not allowed to work for anybody due to their positions. For example, the recipients of royal stipends in 2009 were Queen Beatrix (€813,000), Prince Willem-Alexander (the heir-apparent; €241,000) and Princess Máxima (wife of Prince Willem-Alexander; €241,000)).
The stipend is linked to the development of the wages of Dutch civil servants. At the beginning of 2009 there was some upset in the parliament about the cost of the royal house and the lack of insight into the structure of those costs. At the insistence of the parliament the development of the stipends of the royal house members was then linked to the development of the salaries of the Dutch civil servants. During 2009 it was agreed collectively that the civil servants would receive a pay increase of 1%. In September 2009, at the first budget debate in parliament during the economic crisis, it was pointed out to the parliament that their earlier decision meant that the stipend to the queen would now also increase. This in turn was reason for the parliament to be displeased again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_the_Netherlands

I still cannot fathom why either of them are actually princesses, another drain on society.

Fareastdriver
24th Oct 2016, 23:23
The Dutch Royal family got stung. They even approached Big Ears.

Forbes Welcome (http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/17/monarchs-wealth-scandal-business-billionaires-richest-royals.html)

[QUOTE][/The Netherlands’ Queen Beatrix and her sons reportedly invested and lost up to $100 million with Ponzi schemer Bernard Madoff, though the palace denies the rumors. Queen Elizabeth II’s son and heir, Prince Charles, was reportedly also approached by Madoff representatives, but apparently–and fortunately for him–declined to invest.QUOTE]

Loose rivets
24th Oct 2016, 23:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose rivets View Post

Beatrice no - Eugenie yes.

I don't know, G-C, is the picture in post 1 back to front? Anyway, the one on the left.

G-CPTN
24th Oct 2016, 23:47
http://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.net/s3/digital-cougar-assets/WomansDay/2016/10/24/16882/Princess-beatrice-princess-eugenie.jpg?width=922&mode=crop&anchor=topcenter&quality=75

Eugenie is the dark-haired one wearing the dark blue dress with white spots - Beatrice (the older one) is the thin-faced wide-eyed one with ginger hair.

RedhillPhil
25th Oct 2016, 00:12
RedhillPhil said...............

"Make the idle bitches work in a proper job"

That was not very nice, Phil, and Redhill is in Surrey (Tiger Club, anybody), not Cornwall.

The truth is often brutal. Although still RedhillPhil I do now live in Cornwall.

NutLoose
25th Oct 2016, 01:46
Those hats look like lampshades and sadly that's where the comparison ends, their certainly isn't a couple of bright lights under them.

Peter-RB
25th Oct 2016, 08:48
IMO the Prince Andrew, is thinking that it will be he and no one else who has to fork out (as most ordinary fathers DO) to keep his daughters in the life style that The Prince Andrew currently blags all for his Royal selfimportance....

Despite him being part of the Hero folklore of the Falklands Mini War I see no use for this Royal..and possibly his RN pension wont run to a pair of Princesses..despite their alleged beauty, get em married orf that way the bills will be paid by some chinless wonder who wants to be part Royal ;) :ok:

Loose rivets
25th Oct 2016, 10:25
I don't think that would make his part, royal. :p

Thanks G-C, yes, the names over post #1 are about-face.

VP959
25th Oct 2016, 10:26
IMO the Prince Andrew, is thinking that it will be he and no one else who has to fork out (as most ordinary fathers DO) to keep his daughters in the life style that The Prince Andrew currently blags all for his Royal selfimportance....

Despite him being part of the Hero folklore of the Falklands Mini War I see no use for this Royal..and possibly his RN pension wont run to a pair of Princesses..despite their alleged beauty, get em married orf that way the bills will be paid by some chinless wonder who wants to be part Royal ;) :ok:

I'm very much inclined to agree with you!

It's pretty much exactly how I would imagine his thinking works, and always has done.

G-CPTN
25th Oct 2016, 10:47
Just why were we paying Princess Eugenie's £100,000 gap-year security bill (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1171625/Just-paying-Princess-Eugenies-100-000-gap-year-security-bill.html)

The above article was 2009.

2011:- Beatrice and Eugenie are stripped of their 24-hour protection (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384476/Beatrice-Eugenie-stripped-police-protection-row-50k-cost.html).

oldchina
25th Oct 2016, 10:57
I like the shape of the open mouth. The teeth could be dangerous though.

ExXB
25th Oct 2016, 11:04
Aren't princesses supposed to be princesses of some place or another. Princess of Wales, for example (not preferring to the horse).

So what about these two? Princess of Gatwick; princess of Southend?

PDR1
25th Oct 2016, 11:27

You can get treatment for that, but it's both lengthy and residential. And they don't let you have anything sharp.

PDR

PDR1
25th Oct 2016, 11:28
I like the shape of the open mouth. The teeth could be dangerous though.

"Her teeth are like stars - they come out at night..."