PDA

View Full Version : .mpp file problem

olad1995
23rd Oct 2016, 17:40
Hello to all,

Several days ago I got a problem with my microsoft project 2013, it showed me an unknown for me error - Project cannot recognize this file format. I don't know what actions make next. Does someone know a method to repair mpp project?

olad1995
25th Oct 2016, 19:03
Any variant, guys, something please.

G0ULI
25th Oct 2016, 20:40
A Google search on repair .mpp project file will reveal several options, from downloading tools to try and fix the problem, to saving the file in another format e.g. .xml to try and recover the data. It appears the problem most commonly arises with shared data systems, which makes sense as you would tend to share project data among several users.

Somewhere along the line, the file has been opened somewhere and failed to shut down properly, possibly due to a sudden loss of connection. If all else fails, you may be able to recover some of the data or manually edit the file with an hex editor.

olad1995
26th Oct 2016, 15:15
Hmm, interesting info... I hope it must be effective

Guest 112233
27th Oct 2016, 18:09
I assume that you have Windows as your operating System.

I've recently had a problem accessing usb sticks on both Win 8.1 and Vista. I got around the problem by coping the affected files to a local Hard Disk an re accessing them.

Mine were important .DOCX files - If and only if Its a USB and you have no copies only try once to copy them and do not try to re read them with the application it makes a bad situation worse.

CAT III