PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook 757-300 routes - help needed

owenkirk2005
23rd Oct 2016, 15:40
Hello

Looking at flying a Thomas Cook 757-300 next summer, any ideas which routes it operates on?

Any help really appreciated!

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd Oct 2016, 15:53
I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Thomas Cook are shifting the 300's to Condor next year, and thatvthey would be back on their home turf.

Don't forget though, that even if you do find a route that appears to offer the 757-300 at the booking stage, they are entitled to change this at their convenience. I certainly wouldn't choose my holiday onbthe strength of which aeroplane is operatingbthe route, although I would certainly avoid booking plenty of holidays if they came up as potentially using quite a number of airlines that I would prefer never to travel on. (Far too many of those operating in and around the UK on behalf of airlines/tour operators these days����)

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd Oct 2016, 20:29
Thanks Council Van, I knew I'd read something about it, but as usual got it arse about face.

The rest of my statement is correct though.

Evanelpus
24th Oct 2016, 08:43
I flew on both of their 300's this year to and from Gran Canaria from Gatwick.

Slightly biased as I've always liked the 757 but I have to say they were two of the smoothest flights I've ever been on and from inside the cabin it looks huuuuge!

manchaboy
28th Oct 2016, 08:30
I just recently flew this a/c allbeit with Thomson rather than a Kestrel on the BHX - LPA route and I have to agree this is one of the nicest a/c imo. I spoke with the F/O for around 5 mins after the flight and he told me that the a/c has masses of redundant power... just one of my favs...makes you wonder what this a/c is capable of if required..

I recorded the landing into LPA which is always fun.. take a look if you have a spare 5 mins...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NebBRRfvCA

Johnny F@rt Pants
28th Oct 2016, 14:01
I just recently flew this a/c allbeit with Thomson

I didn't know Thomson had any 757-300's????