PDA

View Full Version : Wiener frenzy...

BlankBox
22nd Oct 2016, 01:30
...ok you guys...Malaysia is in trouble and needs your help.

Stop making us look stupid, says Nazri on ?hotdog? issue | Free Malaysia Today (http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2016/10/19/stop-making-us-look-stupid-says-nazri-on-hotdog-issue/)

...they're a muslim/halal lovin' country that is having a fight with the humble weiner...sooooo I thought what better place to come up with alternatives than here at JB ....have at it. What can they substitute...to keep their halalness?? :uhoh:

evansb
22nd Oct 2016, 06:31
Hmm...the Quran/Koran/Coran does not specifically prohibit the eating of a dog, hot or otherwise..(or am I wrong on this one..)

Perhaps "hot lizard" or "warm carrion" could be approved as Halal cuisine..

vapilot2004
22nd Oct 2016, 08:18
http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b71f69e2016767c2f138970b-400wi

sitigeltfel
22nd Oct 2016, 08:27
What about hamburgers? Are they off the menu too?

evansb
22nd Oct 2016, 08:39
"Hamburger"? I do indeed see the conflict. "Hamburgers" do not usually contain ham. What a paradox!
Affirming a "hamburger" as Halal could result in the Whirling Dervishes whirling in to a paroxysm of juxtapositioning. (new variation of the word?)

I will be applying to Webster's and Oxford's ED's for inclusion of the word "juxtapostioning". I may also consider including "juxtopostionism" as well.

DirtyProp
22nd Oct 2016, 09:22
Islam - Complicating everybody's lives since medieval times.

Sallyann1234
22nd Oct 2016, 09:41
Would you say the same about Judaism?

Fareastdriver
22nd Oct 2016, 11:29
Would you say the same about Judaism?

They started off first. Christ was born a Jew, as was Muhammad.

Sallyann1234
22nd Oct 2016, 13:32
Yes, I'm very well aware of that.
I'm just interested in why DirtyProp made that comment specifically about Islam when Judaism has very similar food restrictions.

DirtyProp
22nd Oct 2016, 16:16
No, I would not say the same about Judaism.
As far as I know, Jews never make a big fuss about their food restrictions with non-Jews and they don't shove them in your face like muslims do. They simply deal with it privately and that's about it.
Muslims often force you to acknowledge their religion and customs, while Jews are much more discreet and polite.

sitigeltfel
22nd Oct 2016, 16:39
As far as I know, Jews never make a big fuss about their food restrictions with non-Jews and they don't shove them in your face like muslims do.

I had arranged lunch with Jewish friends just over a week ago, not realising it was Yom Kippur. When I suggested they may want to change the date, they said that it was fine, they would fast on another day and anyway, the last place they were likely to meet a Rabbi was in a restaurant!

Mostly Harmless
22nd Oct 2016, 16:40
This sounds really, really familiar. Oh yeah, we have (and I'm not making this up) language police in Canada. They roam the province of Quebec and make sure everything is in French.

Here is but one example of their fine work: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/01/quebec-language-police-ban-pasta

BlankBox
22nd Oct 2016, 19:08
On the recent stupidity currently engulfing Malaysia:

1. Catfish is now banned because it may confuse Malaysians to think that the fish contains cat meat.

2. Hot Dog is now banned and will be required to be called "Hot Sausage".

3. (Update) Any type or form of sausage is now permanently banned because it resembles the male genitalia.

4. Mata kucing is also now banned because it may confuse Malaysians who think that it contains cat's eyes.

5. The need to change the Malay idiom "Babi Buta" because it may confuse Malaysians and because it contains a word that is considered "unclean", therefore JAKIM has directed the Education Ministry to change all Malay idioms and proverbs containing the word Babi.

6. The Barbie Doll is also now banned in Malaysia because it may confuse Malaysian into thinking that their children are playing with "Pig Dolls".

7. Hamburgers are also banned because it confuses Malaysians into thinking that it contains ham (pork).

8. Hush Puppies footwear are banned because it confuses Malaysians into thinking that it contains Dog Skin (Dog Leather).

9. Christian Dior products are now banned in Malaysia because it may confuse Malaysian into thinking that by using their products, it will convert Muslims to Christians.

10. Kevin Bacon (the Hollywood actor) is now banned from entering Malaysia because it may confuse Malaysians due to his surname.

11. Moon Cake is also banned because it may confuse Malaysians into thinking that we're celebrating the Moon's Birthday.

12. Root Beer and Ginger Beer is also banned because it confuses Malaysians into thinking that we're drinking Beer.

13. The children's nursery rhyme Hot Cross Bun is now banned because it may confuse Malaysians into thinking that they are singing a Christian hymn.

And finally...

14. Mr Sirajuddin Suhaimee (Director of JAKIM) will be shortening his name to just Sirajuddin because the name Su-hai-mee contains the word "Hai" and it could confuse Malaysians into thinking that he is or has a.... (insert your own translation).

ramble on
22nd Oct 2016, 22:31
"Those are cute sausages"

Malaysia Islamic Authorities Probe 'Dog Patting' Event ? Naharnet (http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/152012)

Nervous SLF
22nd Oct 2016, 23:26
If I were a Malaysian I would be extremely annoyed with that Sirajuddin Suhaimee telling the world that
Malaysians are total morons. Actually it could be that he is the real idiotic moron.

Seldomfitforpurpose
22nd Oct 2016, 23:56
Just over 20 minutes for an apologist to respond, not a record on here but impressive none the less.

cdtaylor_nats
23rd Oct 2016, 09:41
Christ was born a Jew

Only on his mothers side

Sallyann1234
23rd Oct 2016, 10:33
Just over 20 minutes for an apologist to respond, not a record on here but impressive none the less. I assume that was aimed at me, Seldom.

Don't you have anything better to do at midnight than stalk after me around Pprune looking for posts to misrepresent?

My question was asking why the criticism of Muslim food choices wasn't being extended to Jews, who have very similar food laws. It was answered by two subsequent posters, and that was the end of it.

No normal person could have taken my post to be an 'apology' for Islamic behaviour. What does that say about you?

radeng
23rd Oct 2016, 16:40
According my Larousse gastronomique, hamburger is a contractions of 'Biftek hamburgoise'. Not a common beefburger, it takes 500 grams of best fillet steak, minced (ground in US terms) three times, mixed with a teaspoon of finely chopped onion sauted in butter and a beaten up egg, formed into 4 patties which are dredged in flour and then fried in clarified butter until beads of blood appear on the surface. Then turn it over and repeat.

Any relationship to the usual chain restaurant hamburgers is illusory.....

oldchina
23rd Oct 2016, 17:01
Someone's pulling your wiener.
Next time I'm there I'll head straight for my favourite food court:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/GC2twvEmzc2zvtt5Ncl0Y8xUHaQBM1FO8BJxBYynDv_xg2GPlqgmG3BkSLfn n0VlJTosSbxhmSZQd22OrnKTQb8C=s800