PDA

View Full Version : Hunted Channel 4

Effluent Man
21st Oct 2016, 08:18
Anyone else watching this and like me think it's a fake? Several things don't ring true. First of all a woman with a well paid job driving a company car is prepared to betray two young girls for a five hundred quid payout.

A random car that one of the huntees is given a lift in appears parked at the roadside in another scene. Then the hunters appeal to the public for information on their quarry. Has anybody seen one of their appeals? I've not, and for them to be effective you would need blanket coverage especially in remote rural areas.

I smell a large rodent.

gnc
21st Oct 2016, 09:05
only seen the trailers, thats enough to convince me its a complete load of b++ll+cks.

barry lloyd
21st Oct 2016, 09:19
A friend of mine mentioned it to me earlier last night, so I watched it - for about ten minutes. I can only agree with the posters above. Trash.

treadigraph
21st Oct 2016, 09:21
The only reality TV worth watching on Channel 4 (or any other channel) is The Simpsons.

Krystal n chips
21st Oct 2016, 09:30
" Anyone else watching this and like me think it's a fake? Several things don't ring true. First of all a woman with a well paid job driving a company car is prepared to betray two young girls for a five hundred quid payout.

Actually, that bit sounds quite plausible. It doesn't matter if the amount is 500, 5000, or 500.000 when it comes to scruples and free money for some people.

A random car that one of the huntees is given a lift in appears parked at the roadside in another scene. Then the hunters appeal to the public for information on their quarry. Has anybody seen one of their appeals? I've not, and for them to be effective you would need blanket coverage especially in remote rural areas.

I smell a large rodent

Well I can't say I've watched the programme, but clearly you have and have been astute enough to notice the, lets call them "anomalies " which, you may thunk, would also have been noticed by the, erm, editorlal team in the first place.....I actually think it would be relatively easy to vanish for a month with a bit of advanced planning.

The programme would seem to be a bit like "Ice Road Truckers".....whilst there's no doubt as to the dangers the drivers face, and the skills of some in overcoming the many and varied problems, the little matter of the helicopter shots, the camera crew recording events and also being "conveniently " positioned at various points on the road, ahead of the approaching truck does tend to negate just how much isolation the drivers involved, are, supposedly, exposed to.

B Fraser
21st Oct 2016, 09:30
The programme had a great deal of promise but is now so contrived, it makes The Apprentice look like Panorama.

The downside is that any real life suspect now knows that an I-phone can be turned into a surveillance device and that all cash points have hidden cameras. Not clever.

VP959
21st Oct 2016, 09:49
It's a TV programme, so by definition is entertainment. Having worked with "reality" TV programmes in the past I can say with absolute certainty that it's fiction more than fact.

As above, if it were real, then they would need hundreds, if not thousands, of operatives, with wide-ranging surveillance. TV companies cannot afford that, so they will have rigged things for entertainment purposes.

I've come to the cynical view that nothing on TV, including the news, is reliable or true. 99% of programming has been created purely to entertain, so will have little of no connection with reality.

Krystal n chips
21st Oct 2016, 10:01
" I've come to the cynical view that nothing on TV, including the news, is reliable or true. 99% of programming has been created purely to entertain, so will have little of no connection with reality "

Can I suggest you start watching C4 News then....and the BBC.

VP959
21st Oct 2016, 10:39
" I've come to the cynical view that nothing on TV, including the news, is reliable or true. 99% of programming has been created purely to entertain, so will have little of no connection with reality "

Can I suggest you start watching C4 News then....and the BBC.
I watch both and trust neither. Both selectively edit or emphasise in order to sensationalise, both rarely, if ever, tell the truth, and certainly never the whole truth.

racedo
21st Oct 2016, 11:14
.I actually think it would be relatively easy to vanish for a month with a bit of advanced planning.

Reckon a year could be done without too much trouble.
Many places to rent a room in a house where LL only requires basic info, long as gets paid doesn't care.......
Only use local shops or markets never supermarkets.
Stay away from town centres or where there will be lots of camera particularly in daylight.
Only use cash as many small places will happily pay cash for some manual work long as gets done.

HZ123
21st Oct 2016, 17:23
They would find you via your use of this website !

racedo
21st Oct 2016, 17:26
Not if use a VPN. In same hour could be posting from Uk / US and Belarus and never have left the basement.

bgbazz
21st Oct 2016, 18:33
They would find you via your use of this website !
Just like they have found all the other missing persons in the UK.
The VPN comment is totally correct...find me, if you can.