PDA

View Full Version : Oz-Kosh 2016 at Narromine.

gerry111
17th Oct 2016, 11:42
Things are rather quiet on PPRuNe regarding this. Did it happen?

CHAIRMAN
17th Oct 2016, 12:44
We thought it was bloody good - great rollup considering the obvious lack of support from some of the alphabet groups.
Congratulations to the organisers and the caterers at the Aero Club for great tucker and an excellent opportunity to meet a whole bunch of new GA enthusiasts.
104 Squadron. VH-DHI

Pilotette
18th Oct 2016, 02:58
I was there (VH-EOC), was a good turnout and great to catch up with some I haven't seen in years! Very friendly on the Unicom and just a fun event all round.

Took this photo over the top on the Friday.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr172/shety002/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg

Sunfish
18th Oct 2016, 20:55
Sorry to have missed it this year - too many other things on that weekend.

Jabawocky
19th Oct 2016, 02:45
I was in the USA so sadly missed it.

Naturally I have the inside gossip ........ It was another great weekend and a slightly different format worked well.

Lots of planes sold (several anyway) and exhibitors rebooked for next year.

Well done to the small crew who worked their butts off. :ok: Sadly this never changes, and it disappoints me to tears almost. :{

outlandishoutlanding
19th Oct 2016, 03:44
I was there - camped Friday and Saturday nights. Met a lot of people, enjoyed it a lot.

Had my first ride in a Bonanza!

Jabawocky
19th Oct 2016, 12:30
Pilotette,

Long time no speak! :(

I have it on good authority, actually EXPERT authority, that your cooperation and professional operations were greatly appreciated by the folk in the UNICOM.

You were a credit to GA apparently. Or we wasted too much time talking about you tonight.......take your pick! ;)

Glad y'all had a great time. As a founding slave it is great to see good things.

Pilotette
21st Oct 2016, 08:46
Hi Jaba, yeah it's been a while!
Haha you're making me blush but it was a professionally run setup that was easy to comply with. Would have been good to catch up, maybe next gig!

Xray Tango
21st Oct 2016, 09:16
Totally agree with the Unicom comments, we arrived when a display was on, serveral aircraft holding, both fast & slow, and it was handled superbly, full marks to all concerned.