PDA

View Full Version : Wizz Air "Crew Cars"?

Pilot43
14th Oct 2016, 20:08
Hi all!

Does anybody know if Wizz Air pilots have a "crew car" that takes them from home to the airport and back when they're back to their base?

Or do they have to drive to the airport with their car or take public transportation?

Thank you!

captplaystation
14th Oct 2016, 20:53
Are you serious ? ? :rolleyes: if so, which part of LoCo don't you understand ? . . . of course I would be more than happy to be simultaneously shocked / proven wrong, but somehow . . . . . .:hmm:

RexBanner
14th Oct 2016, 20:57
Captplaystation, no need to be so derogatory. Yes, unbelievable as it might seem, Wizz Air do have crew cars that do the rounds picking crew up for early reports and also from late finishes. Or at least they still did when I left in 2014. (Outside of those times you were on your own though).

It's not an Emirates style Limo, it's actually a minibus!

dirk85
14th Oct 2016, 21:45
Yes they have crew cars for every check in before 0600 and check out after 2200 local time, free of charge.
It works pretty well, I must say.

captplaystation
15th Oct 2016, 10:10
OK, I can believe that, transport is provided when no public transport available (I.E very early / very late )

Same deal in airBaltic, & like Wizzair I guess, a reflection of the wages (certainly for CC in BT :{ )

Pilot43
15th Oct 2016, 11:24
Thanks guys actually I happened to see Wizz Air minibuses with "crew car" written on it, but then on the pilots' recruitment they didn't mention it and actually wrote that you have to present yourself to work by your own.

I saw those crew cars in the city also during daytime, are you sure it is only before 6 and after 22, perhaps they do the pick ups if crew members pay a monthly fee?

Captplaystation what "CC in BT" stands for?

dirk85
15th Oct 2016, 11:42
Yes, I am sure. :hmm:

No monthly fee for daytime pickup, that is just not possible, but the cars are available to pick up and drop off those flying out of their contracted base for temporary company needs, training or similar cases, at any time during the day.

PS: cabin crew and air baltic.

RexBanner
15th Oct 2016, 14:38
A crew car will be provided for pilots training or working out of base outside of the early/late hours so if there is a crew car for them, then the other crew are able to make use of it as well.

Twiglet1
15th Oct 2016, 18:16
That's why when the snow and ice hits Ryanair are impacted more than most. Most Airline Cabin Crew have their own cars - not the case at FR