PDA

View Full Version : My wife belongs in the Kitchen

racedo
14th Oct 2016, 17:09
Nigeria's President Buhari: My wife belongs in kitchen - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37659863)

This is response from Nigerian President to his wife who suggests she may not vote for him next time.

"On a visit to Germany, he said: "I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."

Based on this he will find access to other room is kind of limited.

I find it funny and applaud him in the sense that it shows how far Nigeria has come when a President will make a comment like that without anybody being arrested or killed.

Though his attempt to gain access to "the other room" may involve some injury that gives him a limp.

Mostly Harmless
14th Oct 2016, 19:05
This man has much to learn and atone for but...

Though his attempt to gain access to "the other room" may involve some injury that gives him a limp.

I am intrigued by the fact that it is acceptable and encouraged to threaten and enact violence against men by women. I have no idea what problem this will resolve.

DirtyProp
14th Oct 2016, 19:15
Mutti didn't seem impressed.
Where does she belong, I wonder...?

Peter-RB
15th Oct 2016, 08:51
I once said something similar to my wife, but following a bunch of hard knuckles to a rather delicate area, I have since realised the error of my ways..;):ok::D

charliegolf
15th Oct 2016, 14:04
Mine is only allowed in the kitchen to keep me company.

CG

Stanwell
15th Oct 2016, 14:29
She whinges a lot - but at least she does the washing-up.
Oh .. and makes herself 'beautiful' if she thinks I'm likely to bust the bank on a night out.
Aside from that, she's a lovely lady.

Come on in, Sallyann1234, .. there's the bait.

NRU74
15th Oct 2016, 17:35
It's Africa innit?
Anyone who has spent any time in Nigeria will know that virtually the first word a Nigerian child learns is 'dash' ie a bribe.
Corruption is endemic, if you want anything doing you have to pay a bribe. Unless/until someone comes along, gets elected, and roots out the corruption it will continue.
One of my Indian businessman friends from Bombay confessed that even he was embarrassed by the level of corruption he found.

hiflymk3
15th Oct 2016, 18:09
My wife said "I want to go on holiday. Somewhere hot and where I've never been before."

I said. "Try the kitchen."

Local Variation
15th Oct 2016, 18:41
On reading this thread, I called Mrs LV in from the garage to take a read. She's never been on Pprune before. She found the thread funny and started to look elsewhere on the site.

It was at that point that I had to step in and bring a halt to proceedings. After all, the car is not going to service itself is it.

radeng
16th Oct 2016, 21:59
My wife belongs in the kitchen when there are cakes she wants to bake or when there is pastry to be made for a pie - provided I have prepared the filling. She is far better at that sort of cookery than I am.....