PDA

View Full Version : FAA license verification

Vc10Tail
12th Oct 2016, 13:18
How long does it normally take FAA to verify an FAA license held by a non US citizen if requested by an ICAO signatory state say in African country?

Is it an automated process and so should take only a few days or it involves emails and phone calls and beureaucratic "paper" shuffling?
Thanks

Three Lima Charlie
12th Oct 2016, 13:31
Did you go online and look it up yourself?

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

VH DSJ
12th Oct 2016, 16:16
It involves emails and phone calls and beureaucratic "paper" shuffling.

Mine took 3 weeks and the FAA will send you a snail mail letter stipulating the conditions of your license and by when you'll need to do the FAA checkride if you're converting to the FAA ATP.

Vc10Tail
12th Oct 2016, 18:46
Thanjd but it dif not accept my phone number format.

I am inquiringbhere asca cross check as my CAA seems to think it is an indeterminable time frame...whichbi doubt as my license being verified is FAA not my local CAA.

Vc10Tail
14th Oct 2016, 07:30
Thank you 3LC.

I managed to srlf verify in seconds via the FAA registry.

I suppose my CAA might be using the beureaucratic process and perhaps drag for ever...and charge me for their "request"!
cheers

Thread closed

havick
15th Oct 2016, 22:20
You can get it done in as little as 5 days if you chase it up via email at both ends.

I had mine emailed to me upon request and had it after 4 business days from submitting the paperwork (mine was an Australian license).

737seeker
6th Dec 2016, 07:36
@Havick

is this the email you used ? [email protected]

can i request the verification letter be sent to my personal email ?

thanks

havick
7th Dec 2016, 03:37
@Havick

is this the email you used ? [email protected]

can i request the verification letter be sent to my personal email ?

thanks

Sorry I can't remember the exact email address. I replied to the email that they sent me acknowledging receipt of my documents, kindly asked for an update/expedite etc.

They emailed me a copy of the letter, but be sure to have the original with you for your flight test.

737seeker
12th Dec 2016, 09:00
thanks for the reply Havick.

actually i followed the steps below and got my verification instantly from the data base. it has feature to send the verification letter to any email you want.

You may verify your ratings by accessing our website. You can go to our website at http://registry.faa.gov and click on Airmen Certification, Online Services, Airmen Services and create an account. After creating an account you will need to log in and request verification of your certificates.

havick
12th Dec 2016, 17:54
I misread your original post, my bad. I was taking about having my Aussie license verified by FAA and CASA in order to take my FAA flight tests converting over from aus.