PDA

View Full Version : Cape Air

ident
3rd Jul 2002, 23:58
Cape Air

Could anyone provide me with information on Cape Air operating in the Caribbean?

*Is a green card required and FAA licenses

* Do they only operate C - 402's

* What are they like to work for etc

* Do they only employ U.S citizens and what are the chances of gaining employment with Cape Air with about 500 hrs on C - 400 series

Thanks to all reply’s in advance

Check 6
4th Jul 2002, 08:57
I can give you some general answers to your questions.

Cape Air is an American Air Carrier, operating N numbered aircraft. Therefore, you must have the right to work in the United States to work for them, and hold an appropriate FAA pilots license (airman's certificate).

I have never heard anything negative about them.

Good luck mate,

B Sousa
4th Jul 2002, 15:52
www.flycapeair.com

As of a last year they had the market on C-402s. They operate in the NE part of the U.S. and the Caribbean. Primarily between Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and down Island a bit.
Pilots I met were building time, all had FAA ATPs if I remember correctly. Pay for a time builder cant be great, but those I spoke with knew the game and were satisfied. Aircraft appeared to maintained fairly well.
I think you can get the employment info over the internet, then go knock on the door. Remember that the slow season down there is between May/Sep. So most of thier operation moves North. Good time to get on for next season is probably now.
They were all single pilot flights which means you are going to have to work a bit more. As an observer I would give them a grade of A.

B Sousa
6th Jul 2002, 01:10
Just saw an Article in 3rd June issue of Trade-a-Plane that Cape Air is Hiring now. Must possess a Multi-Engine ATP. Go to the website and go for it.
www.flycapeair.com