PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever meet Air Marshall Goddard ?

Fonsini
9th Oct 2016, 05:28
I was never quite sure whether to believe his story about seeing an RAF base in the future, complete with new aircraft types and details about the airbase at Drem which at the time was abandoned.

Victor Goddard's Time Slip Adventure (http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2015/02/25/sir-victor-goddards-time-slip-adventure/)

This is all of course well documented, he clearly stated what he saw and when it all came to pass several years later the sniggering stopped.

Just wondered if anyone ever met the man during their time in the service ?

kintyred
9th Oct 2016, 15:18
He'd be the only Air Marshal to ever correctly predict what was going to happen to the Air Force 4 years ahead.

NutLoose
10th Oct 2016, 00:11
They struggle to predict what had happened in the past.

Warmtoast
10th Oct 2016, 08:42
In his entry on Wiki here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Goddard

He claimed to have witnessed the clairvoyant experience of another officer, in China during January 1946 and later in retirement was convinced that UFO's were real - I think he should stop taking the tablets - or perhaps take them!

teeteringhead
10th Oct 2016, 09:28
The film of the 1946 "occurrence" - The Night Their Number Came Up - is worth watching if you consider it was made in 1955 and make appropriate allowances! AT procedures and AT Sy were clearly a lot different then (and were presumably reasonably accurately portrayed.)

Michael Redgrave plays the Air Marshal's character. If - and it's an enormous if - you believe this precognition malarkey, the film raises an interesting point.

In the "prophetic dream", all pob were killed in the crash, but in the event - armed with the knowledge from the dream - all survived the forced landing.

So the dream didn't predict what would happen, but what might happen??????

Discuss........

ShyTorque
10th Oct 2016, 10:47
Air Marshal Goddard? Last RAF rank I knew him in was MALM...now that's promotion! ;)

Davef68
10th Oct 2016, 10:56
Final Countdown 1935 style

Haraka
10th Oct 2016, 11:35
Teeters "The Night My Number Came Up" I think.

Not the only VSO with " interesting" recollections over the years....
e.g. "Sounds from Another Room" AM Sir Peter Horsley.