PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to my country? Now it's clowns.

Loose rivets
7th Oct 2016, 21:56
Out for my post dinner walk and when nearly home two kids call to me and ask if I'm going far. One was a big lad, the other, smaller and pushing a medium sized bike.

I finally got the gist - they were really frightened and wondered if I'd walk with them, the only problem was that they lived two miles away. One of the wonderful things about not drinking is, I was able to give them and the bike a lift.

Clowns. Armed it seems, with weapons of some sort. The bigger lad said, 'I have never been so frightened in my life.' Googling it, he had a right to be very afraid.

This night I was already angry with young studs. On the way outbound, one zoomed his car right behind me as I was crossing a T junction. Rule 26 it used to be = Already crossing, my right of way. Whatever the rule number, it's still the law. Who the hell insures these brats?*

Retirement area. Very quiet, except for them. Them being the car full of brats. If they'd brushed me they would have annoyed me even more but they didn't and I tried to not let it faze me. But it did. Then some moments later, on a busier road, they chose right where I was to do a three point turn - hard braking right in line with me. Parked, one lad opened his door and it seems only by luck the door didn't hit me. Not once did they seem to register this old guy making his way along the footpath.

Fact is, if I was just any old guy I'd have a right to feel threatened, nervous, frightened. Take your pick. As always, my fear is losing my cool.

*I'd have a lot of parents losing their homes for letting embryo gangsters loose in cars they're insuring. I'd also make them see the scenes similar to the one I saw just a mile from here when I spent the longest 25 minutes of my life waiting for emergency services and 4 teenagers lying in their blood.

Well, I'm allowed a spoonful of brandy before bedtime, so I guess it might be a good idea. Hope it doesn't make me dream of clowns.

Peter-RB
8th Oct 2016, 07:11
Childhood brains do seem to last well into the mid to late twenties nowadays;)

Ogre
8th Oct 2016, 07:54
Childhood brains do seem to last well into the mid to late twenties nowadays

Methinks there are a significant number of 20-somethings that have never left childhood, or should I say have never been required to become adults. Exhibit A are the large number of "grown ups" who play Pokemon Go with such a passion...

Adam Nams
8th Oct 2016, 08:25
they chose right where I was to do a three point turn - hard braking right in line with me. Parked, one lad opened his door and it seems only by luck the door didn't hit me.When they returned to the car, it must have surprised them to find that all four of their tires were flat.

PDR1
8th Oct 2016, 08:50
Out for my post dinner walk

[...]

One of the wonderful things about not drinking is, I was able to give them and the bike a lift.

That was dashed clever! What was it - one kid on each shoulder and the bike balanced on your nose?

PDR

Mr Optimistic
9th Oct 2016, 19:54
Social media no doubt plays it's part in the organisation and selfies.

Russell Gulch
9th Oct 2016, 21:20
Call the police (911 or 999 according to country). "Overt and threatening behaviour". Or "Terrorist threat". That usually gets the attention of the Police.

It is apparently some "fad" from the USA. Sooner or later, someone "over there" with a smock will probably work out that you can hide a lot of stuff under a clown hat.

Russ

meadowrun
9th Oct 2016, 21:32
Happily they are so easy to spot. If everyone suddenly charged at them en mass screaming anti-clownal obscenities, they would soon find another pastime.

ditto for the Mimes.

Loose rivets
9th Oct 2016, 23:38
One will, tomorrow morning, find out about a school lock-down after the attendance of armed police. Yes, I'm talking about the United Kingdom. I'm not sure even which county it was in.

Confrontational as I am, I'm not at all sure I will face up to kids with Samurai swards.

Eddie Dean
10th Oct 2016, 04:15
Pennywise may be his name. Although It may not be.

G-CPTN
10th Oct 2016, 08:01
Killer clowns: Police called to 14 reports in one day as 'intimidating and scary' craze sweeps UK (http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/killer-clowns-police-force-called-to-14-reports-in-one-day-as-intimidating-and-scary-craze-sweeps-uk-a3364666.html).

sitigeltfel
10th Oct 2016, 09:02
I came across one the other day. Round the corner it came, clad head to foot in an outlandish costume that disguised any features.
People were looking at it suspiciously, possibly worried about what it was concealing under the loose material.
Many of them breathed a sigh of relief when she turned and walked into the local mosque.
;)

oldchina
10th Oct 2016, 09:25
"People were looking at it suspiciously, possibly worried about what it was concealing under the loose material."

Which, of course, is one of the reasons it's banned in public in France

vulcanised
10th Oct 2016, 11:32
Didn't all the clowns go back to work when Parliament was recalled?

sitigeltfel
10th Oct 2016, 11:37
"People were looking at it suspiciously, possibly worried about what it was concealing under the loose material."

Which, of course, is one of the reasons it's banned in public in France

No, it isn't.

andytug
10th Oct 2016, 11:51
It'll last as long as it takes for some fool to get his head kicked in whilst trying to be "scary".

lomapaseo
10th Oct 2016, 12:17
It is apparently some "fad" from the USA. Sooner or later, someone "over there" with a smock will probably work out that you can hide a lot of stuff under a clown hat.

Similar to burkas, hoodies and penguin outfits

Out Of Trim
10th Oct 2016, 17:15
I thought you were taking about the US Presidential Election.. Now there are a couple of clowns! :rolleyes:

BehindBlueEyes
10th Oct 2016, 20:00
Killer clown craze prompts calls for police to be armed with buckets of confetti

An increase in sightings of ‘killer clowns’ has led to calls for the police to be armed with buckets filled with confetti.

The craze, which is sweeping the UK after gaining notoriety in America, has been widely criticised for wasting police time and resources.

“Some of these incidents have caused real distress,” said a police spokesman.

“We have received numerous reports of implausibly large numbers of clowns emerging from tiny cars.

“In one such incident, the clowns attempted to flee the scene, but only got a few metres before the car gave off a loud bang and the wheels and doors fell off.”

Members of the public have warned that unless the government act they will be forced to take the law into their own hands.

“I won’t leave the house without a squirting flower and a custard pie,” revealed non-clown Simon Williams.

ORAC
11th Oct 2016, 09:32
https://instagram.com/p/BLZikd8DDQP/

racedo
11th Oct 2016, 12:01
Give the Clowns to Cannibals and see if they find it tastes Funny...............................

BehindBlueEyes
11th Oct 2016, 17:19
Sinister clown shot and killed at branch of McDonalds

A creepy clown who has been targeting children for over sixty years has been brought down by police after a lengthy manhunt.

Police were first alerted to the clown, who mostly appeared in popular media, shopping malls and motorway service stations, after concerned parents reported he had offered their children ‘suspicious’ foodstuffs and told them there was a’difference you’ll enjoy’.

Believed to be the first example of the recent ‘creepy clown’ craze, the deviant in the suit led police a merry dance, often mocking his pursuers with a hilarious jig in his gigantic clown shoes before being mown down in a hail of lead.

Police report that several other criminals were brought to justice during the investigation, including a notorious food thief known as the Hamburglar who got 18 to life in the state pen and is now a member of the Aryan Brotherhood prison gang.

“We’ve been after this freak for a while,” said police marksman Simon Williams.

“The sick weirdo seemed to get some sort of freakish kick out of dressing as a clown and pursuing children with promises he’d make them ‘happy’ if they came with him.

“But he’d never be about when their parents were around. Like he didn’t want them to see him.

“That puppy got what he deserved, and frankly, I’m lovin’ it.”

meadowrun
12th Oct 2016, 00:49
Don't worry, Darwin will get 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-wRrQ84kY

Evanelpus
12th Oct 2016, 09:01
I finally got the gist - they were really frightened and wondered if I'd walk with them, the only problem was that they lived two miles away. One of the wonderful things about not drinking is, I was able to give them and the bike a lift.

and here is where (potentially) you leave yourself wide open to an even bigger problem than clowns!

Tech Guy
12th Oct 2016, 11:53
Can we use this as an excuse to "duff up" Ronald McDonald? :)

Loose rivets
12th Oct 2016, 14:26
Yeh, was wondering about that.

"Creepy old retired airline pilot found guilty of abducting a bike."

"Okay, that's the bike stowed. (hops into car and starts engine) Now I'm leaving you to the clowns! The bike's MINE! Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Psychology is complex. There was me in parent/grandparent mode where there was no way I'd let those kids be subject to danger, and then there's the other me who glared at the car full of little sh1tts with a Make my day, look on me chops. I mentioned to the Rivetess yesterday how the lad - who got out of the car with no regard for his door and an old guy - was actually really nice looking. The sort of kid any parent would be proud of.

I'm so well known around here, well, to the old-timers, that I doubt they'd think I'd do anything really norty, though one never knows. The next bit is not one little bit funny.

There was one poor soul quite nearby that was locked up for weeks because he 'fitted the profile' of someone who had tried to pull a schoolgirl, I think into his car. He looked nothing like the girl's description. Nothing, not one jot. He was a full time carer for his mother and didn't get out much. Obviously guilty. The old woman was left and eventually taken by social services. It caused almost unbelievable stress to both mother and her son. Sometimes the law just does not get things right.

hiflymk3
13th Oct 2016, 08:22
Clowns divorce. Custardy battle.

Pinky the pilot
13th Oct 2016, 09:28
Most interesting statement from the Commissioner of Police here in South Australia, after a few such incidents;

He stated quite openly that people who behave in such a way were 'dickheads' (actual word used) and that if they suddenly found themselves subject to retaliatory action from members of the Public who were threatened by their behaviour then....they would not get much sympathy from SAPOL... or words to that effect!:ooh:

For the first time I find myself wondering if 'Officialdom' has not finally realised that the average mug punter in the street is severely pissed off with those who would openly break the law and expect to get away with it, as has seemingly been the norm for about the last 25 to 30 years!:mad::ugh:

EEngr
13th Oct 2016, 16:23
http://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/NjQ2RTE3MzBBREQwNURBMENBREI6YjFjNmE0YzUwYTI1NDc2YjVhMDdjZDkw NTU0ZTkwYjA6Ojo6OjA=

Pinky the pilot
14th Oct 2016, 00:49
EEngr;:ok::ok::D:D

rotornut
15th Oct 2016, 00:18
It's really Ronald McDonald scaring kids: Creepy clown craze: McDonald's mascot to limit appearance - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-37630460)