PDA

View Full Version : Stick on knickers will they takeoff

Pace
7th Oct 2016, 12:26
Just a fun topic

The 'stick on' knickers which promise to end the embarrassing panty line problem for good - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/stick-on-knickers-promise-end-8997957)

NutLoose
7th Oct 2016, 13:05
Now try it without a shave.

G-CPTN
7th Oct 2016, 13:09
Whatever happened to paper knickers?

SilsoeSid
7th Oct 2016, 13:10
Love the comment, 'Brings a new meaning to the word 'lipstick' :D

wings folded
7th Oct 2016, 13:13
A strip of velcro would do the trick, but not for them wenches what shave.

Super VC-10
7th Oct 2016, 13:19
Don't stick stickers on my paper knickers :}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na3ru0Nc7YU

Pace
7th Oct 2016, 13:26
Just wonder how they stick ? Superglue might cause a problem? Different styles for diffrent ages ? Forget the pantyline remover claim :mad:

DirtyProp
7th Oct 2016, 13:59
I had no idea you old farts were into these things.
Glad to see I'm not the only certified perv in this place.

UniFoxOs
7th Oct 2016, 16:26
Just wonder how they stick ?

The article implies gel - presumably like on ECG pads or similar, but then it says you can wash then and I would have thought a gel would wash off.

At less than double the price for the male version it's a bargain - it would certainly need more than double the material as far as I am concerned. But we don't have the VPL problem anyway, so I'll stick with the old Y fronts.

blue up
7th Oct 2016, 16:45
Locking at the Aft view in the first post, if one were to break wind, wouldn't it be a bit like the reed in a Clarinet?

vulcanised
7th Oct 2016, 17:27
Bit posh innit?

Girls wearing knickers.

Pontius Navigator
7th Oct 2016, 18:37
Whatever happened to paper knickers?
Didn't wash too well. Got a bit grubby after a week or too.

:)

NutLoose
7th Oct 2016, 19:29
Were they self adhesive or did you need a big dollop of wallpaper paste to keep them up?

NutLoose
7th Oct 2016, 19:48
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Women-Sexy-C-String-Thong-Invisible-Underwear-Panties-Lingerie-G-string-Knickers-5504/1885794457.html?spm=2114.40010608.4.10.FYcDFm

Plastic version

garyscott
7th Oct 2016, 21:09
Its a rip-off . . .

Pace
7th Oct 2016, 21:18
I had no idea you old farts were into these things.
Glad to see I'm not the only certified perv in this place.

Dirty Prop
We were purely discussing the concept of these knickers hadn't noticed what was in them till you mentioned it :mad:

Nervous SLF
8th Oct 2016, 00:04
When I was a young lad ( many many ) years ago I disliked the introduction of tights. At my present age these
new fangled things won't effect me ( :{ ) but I am sure some young men might be.

Pace
8th Oct 2016, 00:25
I am sure some older men will be effected too not just young ones :E

Loose rivets
8th Oct 2016, 01:35
Hello, Eff.

Metro man
8th Oct 2016, 01:44
What about ladies in professions where the knickers are frequently going up and down ?

TURIN
8th Oct 2016, 02:09
Whatever happened to going commando?

ExSp33db1rd
8th Oct 2016, 07:14
What about ladies in professions where the knickers are frequently going up and down ?

Like a Wh*res drawers at a Fair ?

meadowrun
8th Oct 2016, 07:22
After an extensive three day scientific investigation costing dozens of dollars, researchers have determined stick-on knickers can be harmful to your health due to leaching chemicals through the contacted skin areas, resulting in various cancers, diabetes, nut intolerances, massive right leg weight gains and the compulsion to yell "theatre" at a crowded fire.

oldchina
8th Oct 2016, 10:03
The male version with black dots is called Spotted Dick

jolihokistix
8th Oct 2016, 13:41
Do a mouth version and save on plastic bags.

Flight_Idle
8th Oct 2016, 20:20
Tights & 'Stick on knickers' are a sign of modern idleness in my opinion. People just too lazy to fit proper suspenders (With metal clips) & proper black seamed stockings. Just try walking into a large department store these days & asking to see their suspender collection & the young assistant would probably give one a strange look.

It's all boring utilitarian stuff these days (Not just the shell suits & trainers, but supposedly 'Smart' stuff too)

At least I'm old enough to remember the 'Good old days' when collar detached shirts, stockings, suspenders & proper knickers were worn.

The youth of today probably only see that 'Magic glimpse of flesh' in old films, such a pity & I feel for them.

Rant over.

goudie
8th Oct 2016, 20:52
'Magic glimpse of flesh'
In my RAF days it was called the giggle spot, 'cos once you got your hand there, you were laughing!

Jack D
8th Oct 2016, 21:49
Anyone remember them ?

Ascend Charlie
9th Oct 2016, 11:00
Just watched Last Tango in Paris, and those stick-ons would not have covered much of the fun bits. Not just a landing strip or even a welcome mat, she was sporting (in 1972 fashion) a rain-forested map of Tasmania. before the loggers got to it. Long time since I saw one like that, and not very inviting by current standards. But at the time, they were all like that and I was always delighted by it. B00bs and pu6es.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
9th Oct 2016, 12:52
I disliked the introduction of tights.
As the old story goes: Why do some women's toes curl and uncurl during sex?

They haven't bothered to take their tights off.

Geordie_Expat
9th Oct 2016, 13:47
Just watched Last Tango in Paris, and those stick-ons would not have covered much of the fun bits. Not just a landing strip or even a welcome mat, she was sporting (in 1972 fashion) a rain-forested map of Tasmania. before the loggers got to it. Long time since I saw one like that, and not very inviting by current standards. But at the time, they were all like that and I was always delighted by it. B00bs and pu6es.

Known as a Merkin (pubic wig). Gives a different perspective to GW Bush stating "I am proud to be a merkin"

Stanwell
9th Oct 2016, 14:21
That's enough thanks, Geordie - I'll use that - after I've finished cleaning my keyboard.

Then there was the randy adventurer who once found he had to employ a guide, a machete and two native porters to reach nirvana.
One evening, close to exhaustion, he was relieved to have an indication that he was getting close when the guide returned smelling of seafood.

Flight_Idle
9th Oct 2016, 15:27
I've never actually come across a Merkin, certainly never seen any for sale.

I've read about them though, apparently used in the old days to hide various types of disease by 'Ladies of the night'.

57mm
9th Oct 2016, 15:39
That makes the longest movie title something to do with it: "Can Hieronymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe And Find True Happiness"

G-CPTN
9th Oct 2016, 15:53
The fruit-and-vegetable shop in our village used to be called Merkins.

Metro man
9th Oct 2016, 23:45
Anyone remember wrist cutter knickers ? So called because of the tight elastic around the legs ?

G-CPTN
9th Oct 2016, 23:50
Cut off the blood supply to the penis.

Metro man
9th Oct 2016, 23:56
I believe it was something to do with inserting the hand from underneath rather than from above.

Stanwell
10th Oct 2016, 01:02
Yeah but..
When you're in a picture show - y'know, decorum and all that?

Hydromet
10th Oct 2016, 02:35
Never seen one for sale, but when one of the blokes at work had to be shaved for an op (appendectomy?) a couple of the girls made him one, with exaggerated growth.

Ogre
10th Oct 2016, 09:23
A middle aged colleague found himself back on the dating game after being divorced, and after several very adventurous one night stands was asked how the process had changed since he was younger.

He replied that he was getting luckier with the women who were his age as they were less inhibited and more willing than the younger ones, but he wondered when female pubic hair had been banned

ORAC
10th Oct 2016, 10:36
The fallacy of this product is that, past your 20s and having a family, knickers are as important for holding your tummy in as covering below. And the vast majority of women are over 30.

Gordon17
10th Oct 2016, 11:15

I've read about them though, apparently used in the old days to hide various types of disease by 'Ladies of the night'.

A few years ago I was in Damian Hirst's café in Ilfracombe. There were lots of scatter cushions of various designs lying about on the seats. I picked one up to look at it and spotted that it had a "By Royal Appointment" label claiming that the company supplied merkins to the Royal Family.

ShyTorque
10th Oct 2016, 12:20
One of our squadron (support helicopter) crewmen proclaimed he had solved the eternal problem of taking enough underpants on field detachments during the Cold War. He had been on leave to Hong Kong and there he discovered disposable men's underwear. Crewmen are very physically hard working chaps, loading and unloading the aircraft during rotors running operations, (while we mere pilots remained up front) and needed a good supply of fresh clothing. He made a point of boasting about how good these disposables were going to be.

Shortly afterwards we deployed on a summer exercise in West Germany, about eight days long, where we lived in a farmer's barn. At the end of day one he unzipped his very sweaty flying suit to discover he was wearing nothing underneath except a rubber band round his midriff and one round the top of each leg. His flying suit leg bottoms were full of paper confetti. He hadn't taken any conventional underwear with him so he had to go through this every day. Of course, we were totally sympathetic. :p

Pace
10th Oct 2016, 12:27
ShyTorque

When away on trips I find it just as Easy to wash them in the sink at night in a Hotel etc so rotating a limited supply }

Socks there is an easy trick for quickly washed and dried within a few minutes. Attach the wet socks to a hairdryer, switch the hairdryer to low warm so they don't blast off and watch the socks dry in a minute in front of your eyes.

doesn't work with knickers but does with cylindrical socks ))

Metro man
10th Oct 2016, 23:42
This method can also be used to dry trouser. Lay them flat and fold the waist end back underneath, do the same with one of the legs. Insert the end of the hairdryer into the other leg and place a weight over the remaining open area. Switch on the hairdryer and carefully monitor. When the upper surface is dry, turn over and repeat.

ShyTorque
11th Oct 2016, 00:14
Pace, I don't think you understand how the Cold War Support Helicopter Force operated. We all knew how to live in a hotel! But on exercise we lived in farmer's barns, potato cellars, or one man tents if no barn or cellar was available. Sinks and hairdriers were not in the equation; in fact sometimes it was difficult to find a plastic basin to have a wash in; hot water was from a communal 'lazy man' gas boiler and there was no electricity for personal use. Sometimes we lived in full NBC kit, including flying in respirators. Not something I'd wish to repeat doing.

ExSp33db1rd
11th Oct 2016, 01:49
Attach the wet socks to a hairdryer, switch the hairdryer to low warm so they don't blast off and watch the socks dry in a minute in front of your eyes.

You can make toast by laying the bread on the iron, tho' less and less hotels seem to provide them now, but you do carry your own travelling iron, don't you ?

and bacon can be fried by wrapping around a light bulb, tho' that can get a bit messy without suitable precautions.

How do I know ? Remember I started flying with the so called North Atlantic Barons, those senior pilots who used to bid for the USA trips to save their $10.oo daily allowance by seeking out the cheapest coffee shops, but needed to keep some spare cash for the bar.

The above, along with the indispensible "dip-stick" immersion coil for boiling a glass of water, provided a suitable breakfast in New York hotels in the early '50's - so I was told, I never actually tried it myself, tho' the ubiquitous "dip-stick" and a jar of instant coffee was always packed.

I once found a 240 volt dipstick in some Bombay bazaar, previously being restricted to the 110 volt variety, which caused some dismay when stuck in some hotel that was a hangover from the British Raj. on 240 volt, so proudly bore it back to the hotel and plugged it in to a socket in the bathroom ( no 'elf and safety to bother about )

Sometime later clouds of black smoke poured out of the bathroom, and I discovered that the forgotten task had boiled the glass dry, cracked the glass and ignited the towel I had placed it on.

I cautiously peered out of the room door and espied a maid down the corridor, so summoned her and probably gave her the Rupee equivalent of a months salary to clean up the smoke smeared bathroom,after which she took the burned towel and said "I'll smuggle it out of the hotel tonight" I gave her some more Rupees.

Good job I hadn't left the room !

Happy Days.

Gordy
11th Oct 2016, 04:18
While on the subject of "merkins", if one simply wants to spice up ones natural hair down there:

Betty Beauty--hair products for the hair down there (http://bettybeauty.com/)

They also have it for us guys:

Man-scaping (http://bettybeauty.com/manscaping-coloring.php)

Pace
11th Oct 2016, 08:53
What orange pubes for men maybe with night glo colour so the girlfriend can see you coming )))