PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building - around the world - allowed ?

nimblenoodles
7th Oct 2016, 10:06
Hi there !

Say I completed all my PPL IR CPL ME in the Philippines and got around 250 - 300 flight hours. Is it possible for me to build hours in Sydney, New Zealand, Asia, and America?

Like just go there to rent 50 to 100 hours then leave. I know I heard I will need to convert my license. Will that take time and does it mean I have to take some "units" for that - or is it as simple as converting it at the country's aviation authority ?

Need some insights please. I was thinking about just studying here in the Philippines so it'll be cheaper and then spend the rest of my money building hours everywhere else.

Thank you !
- Y

The Dominican
9th Oct 2016, 23:29
In many ICAO countries you can just go and fly with an instructor for an "introduction" flight or "fan flight" as they call it....., but if you want those hours to count towards your commercial certificate etc....., you will need to have a conversion done for the country you are flying in....., besides the fact that it would be difficult, it would be costly..!

I don't think that there is anyplace on the planet where you can fly cheaper than in the US.
Just get your conversion into the FAA certificate and go fly your hours there, that's your best option.

Good luck