PDA

View Full Version : Eurocopter Super Puma line and base maintenance

henkklas
6th Oct 2016, 19:11
Dear Engineers and Technicians,

I am working on a MRO assignment and i need to know how many people are working on average on a Super Puma or an equivalent helicopter during line and base maintenance. I am talking about category A3, B1.3, B2 and C part-66 certified staff. I know it is a very specific question but if somebody can help with some average numbers of personnel i would be very happy.

Have a nice day!

Rigga
8th Oct 2016, 20:46
Hi Henk,

How long is a ball of string?

The answer to your question really depends on the depth and duration of the maintenance planned for each check and the amount of aircraft in the line operation your going to supply.

For Base: What is your delivery time? Are you going to work shifts on it? Two or three shifts? What facilities do you have? Who will work the engines / gearboxes / components?

For Line: How many aircraft are supporting what type of operation? What Shifts will you want? What is the expected utilisation and reliability of the aircraft?

Manpower also depends on the accepted maintenance set-up of the organisation and what they decree is a maximum amount of personnel for certifying support staff to cover.

Good luck with your project!

wrench1
9th Oct 2016, 00:10
Henk.

To pick up where Rigga left off...some operators on my side of the pond use various formulas to man their operations. And as Rigga mentioned is totally dependent on type operation, location, etc.

For one, will the same mechanics comply with the line and base maintenance at the same location? Or, will these be separate locations?

Too many variables to give a better answer. Plus things are a little different on your side.

But to get you going on that size aircraft, the basic formula for line maintenance is either one mechanic per engine or 1.5 mechanic per airframe. This would also cover on site major component changes.

Good luck.
W1

henkklas
9th Oct 2016, 19:31
Thank you both for your answer!

You guys gave me some info which can send me in the right direction.