PDA

View Full Version : Australia or the U.S hour building

Hasan7
2nd Oct 2016, 14:59
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I was wondering if it would be easier to build hours in the u.s or australia after completion of the course. Keep in mind that I don't have the rights to work in any of the countries mentioned. I understand that with the European flight training I will have an F1 visa and therfore will be entitled for an internship. Or shall I join a less expensive faa school in the u.s build hours and do the conversion in Europe after that? But how does it work in australia, Is there something similar? And any schools to recommend? Frankly the license does not matter as all are accepted in my country as long as i finish with the written atpl exams. If you have any other suggestions or any other paths to follow I'm all ears.

Thank you.

pilot10p
2nd Oct 2016, 15:12
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I was wondering if it would be easier to build hours in the u.s or australia after completion of the course. Keep in mind that I don't have the rights to work in any of the countries mentioned. I understand that with the European flight training I will have an F1 visa and therfore will be entitled for an internship. Or shall I join a less expensive faa school in the u.s build hours and do the conversion in Europe after that? But how does it work in australia, Is there something similar? And any schools to recommend? Frankly the license does not matter as all are accepted in my country as long as i finish with the written atpl exams. If you have any other suggestions or any other paths to follow I'm all ears.

Thank you.

Hi there! What state is your of PPL lisence Issued in? I personally have a UK PPL and did a lot of building out in the states. I'd recommend it. Very friendly place to hour build. You basically get a "piggy back" FAA on your current lisence and no visas or anything is needed. Check the website of your current PPL holder state and see there requirements. It's a quite easy process in the end.

Hasan7
2nd Oct 2016, 20:41
Hi there! What state is your of PPL lisence Issued in? I personally have a UK PPL and did a lot of building out in the states. I'd recommend it. Very friendly place to hour build. You basically get a "piggy back" FAA on your current lisence and no visas or anything is needed. Check the website of your current PPL holder state and see there requirements. It's a quite easy process in the end.
Hi pilot10p, thank you for your helpful answer. At the moment I do not hold any license not even a PPL, my main focus now is on choosing where to train and hour building will come after that obviously. But as a foreign student, is it easier to get a job (as an instructor for example) to build hours in the u.s or australia? It's important to know that before I settle on a school or a country. And to answer your question I'm considering Florida but I don't know much about australia yet.

Cheers.

Pilotbobby
3rd Oct 2016, 17:26
USA is always great for hour building. I'm based out of a club in the Chicagoland area and prices are very reasonable on some pretty good A/C. People are very friendly, and overall it's pretty cheap! Plus there is a ton to see around the USA and the long distances make the hour building much easier while not having to fly over the same areas constantly.