PDA

View Full Version : EASA ATPL(H) converting to EASA CPL(A)

HFM
1st Oct 2016, 21:22
Hello fellow aviators,

I have an EASA ATPL(H)with IR license, and would like to obtain my EASA CPL(A) with ME/IR.

I would like to ask if anybody has previous experience how to convert from an EASA ATPL(H) to an EASA CPL(A)ME/IR. How many hours are required?

I am aware of the 5 theoretical exams needed for the frozen EASA ATPL knowledge.

Already thanks for the help :ok:

HFM

Mustapha Cuppa
2nd Oct 2016, 10:44
See Section E of Appendix 3 to Part-FCL for the CPL, and Section A of Appendix 6 for the IR.

HFM
2nd Oct 2016, 20:12
:ok:thanks

rudestuff
8th Oct 2016, 09:57
Just to stick my oar in: I did CPL(H) to CPL(A) and found the regs open to interpretation. Having done it - this could save you a fortune: You don't need 100 hours PIC - all of these hours can be credited helicopter hours. You will need to do the remaining 100 hours in a plane. Obviously PPL 》 multi 》MEIR 》CPL(single engine).
Those 100 hours will easily be enough to cover everything, obviously there will be some Solo/PIC in there for XC etc but you don't need any extra. You may read that you need 70 PIC for the MEP rating. What you won't read is that you don't need an MEP rating in order to get the MEIR.