PDA

View Full Version : Momentum Mock the Army

ORAC
27th Sep 2016, 14:20
For those considering voting Labour as Momentum and their ilk take charge of the party.........

Momentum Mock Injured Soldiers (http://order-order.com/2016/09/25/momentum-mock-injured-soldiers/)

HT Guido Fawkes.

"......Some charming anti-war merchandise on sale at the Momentum conference in Liverpool…"

http://i1.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/mock.png?w=540

Wander00
27th Sep 2016, 14:37
Can believe that with the trash on the left wing of the labour (what do they know about work). Surely must contravene the Disability Discrimination Act and be seen as a "hate crime". Get in there Merseyside Police and sort these people out

Shack37
27th Sep 2016, 14:51
Posted by Wander00
Can believe that with the trash on the left wing of the labour (what do they know about work). Surely must contravene the Disability Discrimination Act and be seen as a "hate crime". Get in there Merseyside Police and sort these people out

I suspect Merseyside Pólice would be overrun by volunteers to fullfil such duty and no shortage of willing backup from other forces.

G-ARZG
27th Sep 2016, 15:53
Ignore them, they're a doomed irrelevance...they're like Woolly Mammoths queuing up for an Ice Age exhibition

barnstormer1968
27th Sep 2016, 16:01
The action man battle casualty figures are not new, and aren't momentum items. There are three or four different types. Each has its own YouTube video, and were also in display at the 'Dismaland' art exhibition.

barnstormer1968
27th Sep 2016, 16:06
This is the ad for the action man featured at the start of the thread.

https://youtu.be/YstIrarh2iE

As for momentum. It's simply a new name for the usual suspects who have been protesting (and clearly not really wanting to be in power and accountable) since the '70s IMHO.

langleybaston
27th Sep 2016, 16:26
Sickening. Beyond the pale.

I don't want to share my country, my oxygen, with these low-lifes.

Expatrick
27th Sep 2016, 16:26
Ignore them, they're a doomed irrelevance...they're like Woolly Mammoths queuing up for an Ice Age exhibition

Paraphrasing a Government (instigated) report some years ago - "Great Britain should no longer be considered as a nation but a "community of [disparate] communities".

One of the consequences of this attitude is a lack of national coherence & the dismissal of national institutions, values and interests.

Contempt for the armed forces appears to have become more widespread & I fear will increase as societal divisions mature & solidify...in my opinion.

ShotOne
27th Sep 2016, 17:22
"doomed irrelevance" ..Their present unelectability doesn't diminish the danger and toxicity of these people. They will always hate the military and all it stands for. if they came to power it would be irrelevant; we'd be such a basket case that any aggressor could force us to follow their will without the expense of invading!

NutLoose
27th Sep 2016, 17:53
Im thinking of forwarding the link to editors and also to the police

MPN11
27th Sep 2016, 18:16
I'm just glad I emigrated.

God, if you're there, please help the UK :(

Expatrick
27th Sep 2016, 18:44

Me too, agree with your sentiments!

salad-dodger
27th Sep 2016, 21:52

Yep, if that's your attitude I'm glad you emigrated too.

Ta Ta

S-D

glad rag
27th Sep 2016, 22:19
Yep, if that's your attitude I'm glad you emigrated too.

Ta Ta

S-D
Wow. Just wow.

It may be a "god" that helps but it sure won't be the EU :ok:

ShyTorque
27th Sep 2016, 22:32
As for momentum. It's simply a new name for the usual suspects who have been protesting (and clearly not really wanting to be in power and accountable) since the '70s IMHO.

Surely the new leader of the Labour Party is also nothing more than a protester from the 1970s. A little old man with a satchel will never be an effective leader of the United Kingdom because once in power he would have nothing to protest about except himself.

Basil
28th Sep 2016, 09:17
Corbyn is a teenage protestor.
McDonnell a nasty Fascist Trot.
Watson is in it for the pies.
Burnham will just go along with anything to stay in power.
Thornberry is our only defence against white vans.
Abbott is well placed to pressurise her leader for NHS funding :E

Oh, yes, and Lewis gives us a clue for the future (they wish) by the power-crazed manner in which he was treated.

Treble one
28th Sep 2016, 10:17
The Labour Party will become an irrelevance after the next General election with the current leadership. The right wing press will crucify Corbyn about his past. In spades.

His apparent tolerance of the IRA will be a particular bugbear to those of us of a certain age. His ridiculous statement on Trident (If I'm in charge I'd never use it) shows he lacks any sort of strategic thought.

Expect UKIP to rout Labour and become the oppo to a massive contingent of Tory MP's.....

barnstormer1968
28th Sep 2016, 10:26
Surely the new leader of the Labour Party is also nothing more than a protester from the 1970s. A little old man with a satchel will never be an effective leader of the United Kingdom because once in power he would have nothing to protest about except himself.

While I agree with you I also feel that if we removed these capital letters NEVER be aN EFFECTIVE we could also be seeing the future!

We have a man who: has shown consistent disloyalty to his party; has changed (or said he's changed) many of his very long held ideals and views within days of election; is trying to become leader if a parliament he doesn't believe in under a monarch he'd like to abolish and yet his devotees see him as a man of principles!

overstress
28th Sep 2016, 10:56
Not having a coherent opposition is not a good thing. It promotes complacency in the governing party. I can't see Labour ever pulling back from this, I bet they split soon.

The anti-war stuff, if true, is completely tasteless and insulting.

Wokkafans
28th Sep 2016, 12:21
It looks like the organisation behind the "toys" is "Veterans for Peace."

https://vfpuk.org/

https://vfpuk.org/2016/veterans-back-sick-toys/

"On Sunday night two establishment media outlets tried to use a veteran-endorsed satirical art project to attack Momentum and Labour.

Let us be clear. The superb ‘Army, Be The Meat’ project and the ‘Action Man: Battlefield Casualties‘ films, which were launched 18 months ago, are nothing to do with Labour or Momentum.

The credit belongs to the artist who conceived and created it and, spiritually, to the hundreds of veterans who endorsed it. This work was conceived in response to years of dishonest army recruitment material and we continue to endorse it.

The establishment response has shown two things.

Firstly, it has highlighted the important and popular work done by Darren Cullen and VFP to educate people about the brutal reality of modern warfare and the possible negative outcomes of military service . For this we are grateful.

Secondly it has brought into the open the amateur journalism of sections of the press and the willingness of the elite to exploit soldiers and veterans for political capital.

We might linger over the appalling journalism involved in this pathetic hit piece. In their jingoistic ardour for clicks, the reporters clearly did not even bother to check into the background of the project.

That this project was backed by hundreds of veterans – many of whom bear the wounds of active service in wars from D-Day to Libya – was as difficult to discover as typing words into a search engine and pressing enter.

We might also note that Johnny Mercer and Dan Jarvis, both former military officers turned politicians, both self-appointed “veteran’s champions”, used the Murdoch-owned Sun newspaper as a platform to attack the project and, by extension, attack the veterans involved in it.

This is the same newspaper group whose senior editorial staff acquired the personal details of dead soldiers, apparently by paying MoD officials.

The same Sun newspaper which slurred the working people of Liverpool over the Hillsborough disaster – a city from which many soldiers are recruited and to which many veterans return after service.

The same Sun newspaper which cheered on the misconceived, illegitimate and ultimately failed wars which saw thousands of UK troops killed, mutilated and mentally injured.

Johnny Mercer and Dan Jarvis, if you attack the efforts of former service personnel in the Sun, or even speak to the Sun, you are no champions of soldiers or veterans.

The British establishment, the Sun, the ‘hero’ charities, Jarvis, Mercer and their like, have for too long been trading off the backs of ordinary veterans and soldiers to push their pro war agenda. Those days are drawing to a close.

Veterans For Peace UK"

ORAC
28th Sep 2016, 12:36
Hmmm, look like a bunch of suckers and fellow travellers......

"military veterans of World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, and other conflicts, as well as peacetime veterans and non-veterans but has since spread overseas and has a very active offshoot in the United Kingdom (which has effectively replaced the former 'Ex-Services CND' organisation).[1] The group works to promote alternatives to war. The organization has opposed the military policies of the United States, NATO and Israel, and has opposed military actions and threats to Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya and Syria....."

Basil
28th Sep 2016, 12:54
What does VFP actually do?

Ah, ORAC, I posted without refreshing the page which had been loaded for some time. Your contribution sounds logical.

sitigeltfel
28th Sep 2016, 13:07
The Labour Party that brought in the NHS and many other social reforms was brought into power by servicemen who had experienced the horrors of WWII. What a betrayal those of them still alive must be feeling.

Basil
28th Sep 2016, 16:04
The Labour Party that brought in the NHS and many other social reforms was brought into power by servicemen who had experienced the horrors of WWII.
Wouldn't disagree.
The problem we have now with NHS and housing is partly due to crazy immigration policies. Yes I know we have immigrants and their offspring working in the NHS BUT we, the owners of OUR land, should have carefully selected those who were permitted to come to OUR country.

Heathrow Harry
28th Sep 2016, 17:13
The problem withe NHS is that people are living longer, and demanding better treatments

Housing is partly due to selling off all those Council Houses 30 years ago and stopping the councils building any new ones. Oddly large Building companies prefer to throttle back demand and push up prices - and its easier for them to build one house for £ 1mm rather than 5 for £ 200k...................

Basil
28th Sep 2016, 17:30
The problem withe NHS is that people are living longer, and demanding better treatments

Housing is partly due to selling off all those Council Houses 30 years ago and stopping the councils building any new ones. Oddly large Building companies prefer to throttle back demand and push up prices - and its easier for them to build one house for £ 1mm rather than 5 for £ 200k...................
Yup, can't disagree with any of that either. (Has Mrs Bas been doubling up my medication? ;))
The council problem, I'd guess, was failure to replace those sold off.

TURIN
28th Sep 2016, 17:46
Really? I'm shocked.....that all the right thinking proon elite has fallen for this in the same way The current bun did.

It is SATIRE you pillocks!!! :ugh:

Tabloid Corrections (https://tabloidcorrections.wordpress.com/)

The Sun has displayed its trademark stupidity yet again by completely missing the point of satirical art at the Labour Party annual conference.

The paper was apparently disgusted by a ‘sick stall’ on display at The World Transformed – a fringe event staged by left-wing group Momentum running alongside the conference.

In it’s article HARMED FORCES, the paper claims that the stall (pictured) ‘mocks crippled British troops with sick toys and comics’.

Among the items criticised were a comic book entitled ‘Join The Army – free prosthetic limbs!’ and an image of a ‘Paralysed Action Man’ figure in a wheelchair.

The stall was also criticised in an article that ran in the Huffington Post.

But this wasn’t some cruel attempt to ridicule forces veterans. The stand was run by anti-war comic book artist Darren Cullen who has produced a range of artwork aimed at drawing attention to the dangers facing those signing up for the armed forces and attacking army recruitment propaganda.

Cullen has many ex-soldiers among his fans and has worked in partnership with Veterans For Peace UK. His Paralysed Action Man was part of a parody series used in a Veterans For Peace campaign in 2015.

The Sun acknowledges Cullen as the person behind the stall in the article, calling him an ‘anti-military comic book writer’. But the paper obviously couldn’t be bothered to research his background, either that or its ‘journalists’ are simply too stupid to understand the concept of satire.

28th Sep 2016, 19:09
The council problem, I'd guess, was failure to replace those sold off. That's because they weren't allowed to ring-fence the receipts for reinvestment in housing and the money was spent elsewhere.

ORAC
28th Sep 2016, 20:11
And if you check my post #21 above, TURIN, I don't accept that either Cullen, VFP or Momentum are into satire and support the forces.

More in the line of those found guilty of any type of abuse who then feebly protest that, "it was only a joke".

EGLD
28th Sep 2016, 20:44
the Hillsborough disaster

:rolleyes:

TURIN
28th Sep 2016, 20:54
Whether you accept it or not ORAC is moot.

The fact is it IS satire and anyone who thinks otherwise is not thinking clearly, or in the case of The Sun reader, a moron.

Basil
29th Sep 2016, 08:56
Lynch Esther McVey, assassinate Margaret Thatcher.
All just wee jokes so that's OK then.

Wander00
29th Sep 2016, 10:21
But as we know, under current law (I did not write it) "abuse" or "discrimination" is in the eye of the beholder, not the author. Ipso facto, if someone who is eg disabled is offended, it is "discriminatory". Might be daft, but it is the way the law is

Geordie_Expat
29th Sep 2016, 10:27
Turin

Sorry but I disagree. This is not satire; satire is (usually) quite clever. Whatever else this is, clever it isn't. If it is an attempt at humour, it should be left on BBC3.