PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

ChrisVJ
23rd Sep 2016, 19:12
The world of connected up advertising on my computer is beginning to worry me.

Along with all the adverts for things I have enquired about and already bought I am getting a lot of adverts for the local funeral providers.

Do they know something I don't?

ShyTorque
23rd Sep 2016, 19:14
You been having sexual fantasies about Thora Hird on a stairlift?

Tango and Cash
23rd Sep 2016, 19:31
The Internet is watching you...

hiflymk3
23rd Sep 2016, 20:05
Why do I get semi-clad girls from furren parts wanting a chat or to marry me?

llondel
23rd Sep 2016, 20:20

Either they're after a visa for marriage, or they'll get to a point where someone in their family is seriously ill and ask you to send money to help pay for treatment (or some other scam to extract money from you).

Nervous SLF
23rd Sep 2016, 20:24
ChrisVJ - Did you see this link that I posted a few days ago? It could perhaps help you.

Here's how to stop Google from tracking you (http://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/company-news/heres-how-to-stop-google-from-tracking-you/ar-BBwf9Sp?li=BBqdk7Q)

oldchina
23rd Sep 2016, 20:45
Furren girls:

Offer them a weeks free trial. If you're hard (y) enough to survive then continue the contract.

hiflymk3
23rd Sep 2016, 21:23
No, I chat to them about my poor sick grandma aged 128, (well she would be if she was still alive). I tell them we cannot afford to pay for her personal trainer anymore, could you send roubles. The ones that want to get married I say yes i want to live in your country. I never seem to get replies from either.

treadigraph
23rd Sep 2016, 23:24
You been having sexual fantasies about Thora Hird on a stairlift?

Oh my God... how did you know?

ChrisVJ
24th Sep 2016, 02:26
ShyTorque

Not at all. Back in the day when I was a driver for a film production company I used to drive her from the location back to London. Charming lady but not my type!
Am I to understand she did a Stairlift advert in the UK?

How about a walk in bath?

I don't need either yet but I am getting there!

ShyTorque
24th Sep 2016, 06:14
ChrisVJ,

Yes she did!

You saying you fancy her more in a walk-in bath? She was a lovely lady (and a Dame, too) but....

If it's not that, maybe you've bought something from one of those junk mail catalogues that we sometimes get here. They advertise things for old folk, such as comfy lightweight shoes, extenders for shirt collar buttons, things to grab stuff off the top shelf, special pliers to get lids off jars, organisers for pills, etc etc.

ChrisVJ
24th Sep 2016, 16:35
Not that I can remember,

Er?

racedo
24th Sep 2016, 22:34

This what happens when you been chatting to Slasher again....................

(In Top Gear they have The Stig who is a real person but in the dim dark distant past there was it was claimed a poster called Slasher........................ he may not have existed but JBers will claim that under a full moon he would appear, not much is known of him but he may just have existed in the Dark Web)

ExXB
25th Sep 2016, 08:03
Don't use google as your search engine. Use DuckDuckGo. If you still want their search engine to be used (it can be better) just add "!g" to your search string. You won't be tracked.

racedo
25th Sep 2016, 13:07
What is advertising on a computer...................... not seen any for years.