PDA

View Full Version : Field of view / Hammer diagrams

Genghis the Engineer
20th Sep 2016, 13:16
I'm collecting or generating some Hammer diagrams in support of a study on aspects of see and avoid in low flying or congested VMC.

Does anybody have diagrams that I might be able to scrounge? Anything is useful, but right at the moment I'd particularly like to get my hands on diagrams for the 737, A320 and any of the high payload business jets.

G

safetypee
22nd Sep 2016, 11:36
Genghis, not much help in stating that I may have something, but cannot locate the docs at the moment.
I recall a 737 / A300 comparative document (possibles from a Lufthansa study), and had one for the BAe 146 / 737 / F100 (BAE sales support and airfield planning, and possibly from workload studies).

I have distant memories of an SAE spec with some vision examples, and something similar for flight deck layout and ergonomics.
Also perhaps relevant, was a NTAO (AGARD) study on low level visibility and look out. The main objective was to study low-level interceptors' visual CAP capability, which I think concluded use the 'standard' look at 90deg to the threat track, and if all else failed look straight ahead, i.e. scanning didn't help.
But memory fades.

Genghis the Engineer
23rd Sep 2016, 22:16
Cheers SP - if you do come across those documents, I'd love to scrounge copies. BAe146 and B737 are on my list of interesting aeroplanes at the moment.

G

mary meagher
24th Sep 2016, 20:36
Can't help remembering that a midair near LA hinged on whether or not the pilot's seat was adjusted to the most useful position for vis.

safetypee
25th Sep 2016, 10:21
G, I have located two documents. Check e-mail; PM inbox full.