PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP conversion to EASA ATPL: PIC hours

VSB1976
19th Sep 2016, 17:24
Hello fellows

I believe someone here can help me.

I'm an A32F F/O (+6500 hours on type) and a FAA ATP holder. I intend to convert my FAA ATP to an EASA ATPL.

My question is about the acceptance of my pilot-in-command (PIC) hours by EASA.

I have some hours logged as PIC as "the sole manipulator of the controls of an aircraft", but acting as First Officer (not Captain nor "legal" PIC), which are accepted by FAA for the purpose of license upgrading.

Would EASA accept this hours logged for FAA as PIC to meet the minimum PIC hours required for the EASA ATPL?

Thank you.

safelife
19th Sep 2016, 21:37
Yes, you should declare them as "PICUS", PIC under supervision, that's the term EASA FCL uses.
You can basically log all time being pilot flying as such. The PIC might have to sign for it.

milan.pilot
24th Sep 2016, 12:37
Hello,
you would need to comply with FCL.510.A
General rule is that your operator has approval to log those PIC(US) - pilot in command (under supervision) for copilots. In europe it is so-called copilot development program. Usually those hours are credited devided by 2 to get a credit towards PIC requirement.
Should you have any questions, contact me, I am EASA examiner and also TRE

FCL.510.A ATPL(A) — Prerequisites, experience and crediting

(b) Experience. Applicants for an ATPL(A) shall have completed a minimum of 1 500 hours of flight time in aeroplanes, including at least:

(1) 500 hours in multi-pilot operations on aeroplanes;

(2) (i) 500 hours as PIC under supervision; or

(ii) 250 hours as PIC; or

(iii) 250 hours, including at least 70 hours as PIC, and the remaining as PIC under supervision;

(3) 200 hours of cross-country flight time of which at least 100 hours shall be as PIC or as PIC under supervision;

(4) 75 hours of instrument time of which not more than 30 hours may be instrument ground time; and

(5) 100 hours of night flight as PIC or co-pilot.

Of the 1 500 hours of flight time, up to 100 hours of flight time may have been completed in an FFS and FNPT. Of these 100 hours, only a maximum of 25 hours may be completed in an FNPT.