PDA

View Full Version : The vomit machine (seriously)

rotornut
15th Sep 2016, 21:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDb1SaxWYtc

RedhillPhil
15th Sep 2016, 22:06
We have one here in Penzance. it's called "ScillonianIII".

treadigraph
16th Sep 2016, 00:34
Supposed to visit Scillies some time next year with a mate - unfinished business of the pub variety. He wants to go Scillonian, I'm going Skybus.

Is that Scillonian IV a-building in the harbour near the dry dock? Doesn't seem to have progressed much over the last two or three years...

Smeagol
16th Sep 2016, 08:53
"Is that Scillonian IV a-building in the harbour near the dry dock? Doesn't seem to have progressed much over the last two or three years..."

That particular vessel ha been a-building for many, many years and at the rate of progress achieved so far may not get completed in my lifetime!

(But the rate has increased in the last couple of years so maybe it will)

RedhillPhil
16th Sep 2016, 14:36
I asked a chap in overalls what the story of the ship was all about. He told me that it was an ex ice-breaker that had been bought to convert into a luxury cruising boat but the owners keep disappearing before returning with more cash to keep the job going.

Sue VÍtements
16th Sep 2016, 15:42
Where are the carrots?

treadigraph
17th Sep 2016, 02:13
Carrots? Avoided them while ordering dinner in the Benbow. And the Dolphin....

mickjoebill
17th Sep 2016, 13:30
From the video, today's new word
vomitus
ˈvɒmɪtəs/
nounMEDICINE

"matter that has been vomited."

Mickjoebill

onetrack
17th Sep 2016, 14:14
Everyone knows vomit isn't green, it's technicolour. Thus that famous old Aussie saying, "having a technicolour yawn". :)

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
17th Sep 2016, 15:00
Aah well- could be worse (scroll to about 44 seconds):

afR7py5pLF8

:yuk: :yuk:

treadigraph
17th Sep 2016, 15:06
"Speaking to God on the great white telephone".

Thanks Phil, someone told me it's the next Scillonian but it does look a bit small. Brother's going over on III today I believe, don't know if he's a Captain Chunder or not...

RedhillPhil
17th Sep 2016, 16:31
Perhaps they're getting confused with "Mali Rose" which is currently in the dry dock. That's the replacement vessel for the current Scillies supply ship "Gry Martha".