PDA

View Full Version : Getting a PPL before CPL

Jonlovesflying
14th Sep 2016, 11:51
Hi guys,

I know PPL is within a CPL. I just want to know how much difference is it going to make in my CPL course if I already have a PPL, especially if I want to go for a modular CPL course. Is it going to shorten my CPL course?

ManUtd1999
14th Sep 2016, 19:03
There's quite a lot of info on similar topics around this forum so taking a bit of time to search around will help :)

In summary, the PPL is not really "part" of the CPL but a standalone qualification. For the modular route, you need to first get a PPL, then build experience until you have 150 ish hours. At that point you can start the ME, IR, CPL courses. Having the PPL won't shorten your CPL course but it is a mandatory part of the process of getting one.

The exception to the above is on an "integrated" course where all the training is completed in one go. In this case you will only sit the CPL/IR exam but the hours requirements and format of training are largely the same.

JonH690
15th Sep 2016, 08:31
Yep....^^^^ What he said.

It is mandatory for the modular route. This is what I've done and now knee deep in ground school for CPL.

Jonlovesflying
15th Sep 2016, 11:56
o right. it's because I am considering getting a PPL before applying for the Cathay Pacific Cadeship (completely free:O) again. A PPL will definitely improve my chance for Cathay. If I still can't get in, I will do a modular course in the UK. That's why I want to know if a PPL will render any change or progress to modular.

pilotsexperience
10th Aug 2017, 04:39
Hi to everyone that is thinking to be a pilot, the best advise I can give you is DO NOT DO YOUR TRAINING IN IBERTOUR. The worst training academy you can find is this one. The owners name is Javier Larrossa, they will sing you up and they will scam you out of your dreams. There is no professionalism, it will take you more than a year to get your PPL license, after hard work and frustration, it will be magic if you can finish your time building in less than a year. You will be asking for your schedule there will be no one answering you, there is a person called Susana in charge of flights which has no experience about aviation, a person who was a secretary will be giving out excuses why you weren’t getting any schedule. They can only operate because the new students are the money source , in order to keep the school running they will make sure to keep the singed up students specially the ones on installments happy so they will keep paying until to a point you are so deep in, then you will be stoped and reprioritized to the end of the food chain. The most important thing I can say to you to prove my point in their history since 2009 they have not more than 15 graduated students. I can tell you personally as being their former un graduated student with a lost more than 60.000,00 Euros and 3,5 years, we have complained officially to EASA, AESA with letters or any means necessary we couldn’t find a solution.

Here is a sincere help to anyone wants to be a pilot. Save your parents money, your own money and time

nebojsar
10th Aug 2017, 18:33
I would suggest to moderators to make black list of schools who are scammers and who are stretching trainings because lack of money and investment

ford cortina
10th Aug 2017, 19:23
Jonlovesflying, before anything else, I would get a Class One Medical.