PDA

View Full Version : BA CityFlyer DEC Recruitment

Alpine Flyer
13th Sep 2016, 19:14
BA Cityflyer is doing a Roadshow for direct entry captains next Monday. Anyone here to shed light on T&Cs to expect, whether hiring of DEC is offensive to existing FOs and if the career path to BA might be meaningful for someone beyond his thirties.

Their website mentions a London supplement but even with Brexit one hears about spectacular prices for living in London which seems to be a must-do when based in LCY.

LCY looks spectacular as a homebase, any takes on that? Does it get bothersome to fly a steep approach on every other flight?

DK150
17th Sep 2016, 14:22
Also interested to hear anyone's experience with CF.

I've seen negative comments regarding rostering, pay and a general mistrust in management. Are these claims still accurate?

From the outside It looks to me like good aircraft, routes and although not industry-leading, good money for a regional carrier.

RJ100
19th Sep 2016, 09:51
Yes these claims are still valid and despite what BACF say things are getting worse.

We have just voted on an appalling pay offer. It was rejected by almost 80%.
Life at BACF just seems to be getting worse.

Alpine Flyer - The London supplement is a JOKE. Those based in LCY get approx £160 extra a month before tax.

DK150
19th Sep 2016, 16:28
Thanks for the info, RJ.

I've to go to CTC selection (which is annoying enough) but having doubts as to whether it's worth it.

Flying TP's at the moment which is great but money at CF better by a fair amount and we don't get much route variation, hence my interest.

I assume there's been a fair amount leaving?

RJ100
20th Sep 2016, 12:15
DK150
The numbers leaving will depended upon future BA recruitment. There are several Capts off to BA later this year and more in the hold pool for 2018, with a few FO's also in the same position. With the chance of Jet2 taking more our pilots than BA next year now they have announced a STN base. BACF have just started a huge recruitment drive for next year. We see this as possible expansion into more night flights. Hence the rejection of the latest pay offer.

As for your position only you are able to comment on that and figure out what is best for you. ALL DEC will be into LCY with the option of getting a EDI base in the future slim to Nil! (if that's what you are thinking later) The company will not assist you in commuting and rostering with commuting in mind, as many people seem to think they should. In their view you are employed as a pilot with a specific base and take the job based upon that, and to be honest rightly so.
Best of luck in you choice.

DK150
20th Sep 2016, 14:10
Thanks, RJ.

I'm just a lowly FO that should've registered that this was a DEC thread! LCY base isn't my cup of tea.

Seems everyone is off to the north's favorite airline.com, I must be the only one at my lot that isn't... yet.