PDA

View Full Version : NPAS Pilot Training

GroundSAR
13th Sep 2016, 13:54
Afternoon all

I've being looking at NPAS (National Police Air Service) but I cant find any details on the pilot requirements both for entry level and then what sort of annual training requirement there is...anyone seen any details?

Thanks

Bravo73
13th Sep 2016, 18:40
A quick Google search produced this (from a recent Redhill job ad):

https://filesv7.wcn.co.uk/admin/fairs/apptrack/download.cgi?SID=b3duZXI9NTAyNzQwOSZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZkb2N fdHlwZT12YWMmZG9jX2lkPTQzNjQ3MiZ2ZXJpZnk9OWYzODhkODVlOWJlOGU yNTNmOTVjNjY2OTU0MTMwN2U=

GroundSAR
14th Sep 2016, 14:45
Thanks

Doesnt seem to be anything on annual training requirements - I read somewhere else it is 2 hours per year - that feels a bit light though!

jayteeto
14th Sep 2016, 15:03
2 hours! Luxury!
Welcome to civvieworld where you don't get ANY dedicated training. You make sure you use your task flying well and take instrument flying whenever the opportunity arises. Seriously, zero is not unusual

Non-PC Plod
14th Sep 2016, 18:17
Actually, if you are operating under part.ORO, training is mandatory:

ORO.FC.130 Recurrent training and checking
(a) Each flight crew member shall complete annual recurrent flight and ground training relevant to the type or variant of aircraft on which he/she operates, including training on the location and use of all emergency and safety equipment carried.

Floppy Link
14th Sep 2016, 18:59
Both Jayteeto and Non-PC Plod are right.

Expect LPC, OPC, IR renewal as required for legality but don't expect any SCT

jayteeto
15th Sep 2016, 13:24
I was talking flying not ground training. An opc/lpc and IR are not classed by me as 'training' as such. You always learn, but ultimately it is a check. Zero training is not unusual

Droopy
15th Sep 2016, 14:16
Have they canned the mutual I/F then?

timex
23rd Sep 2016, 19:46
Still do mutual IF, but as mentioned the rest is OPC/LPC and Line check rides.