PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Laurin RIP

cloudmac
13th Sep 2016, 13:48
For those in the Canadian helicopter industry we lost a great pilot and colleague last week. Bruce was on vacation with his wife in Norway and passed away from an apparent heart attack. I have known Bruce since 1979 when we were all starting out at Custom in Winnipeg, ironically he was medevaced by helicopter but did not survive RIP old buddy

bb in ca
13th Sep 2016, 21:42
One of the good ones. RIP Bruce

The Sultan
13th Sep 2016, 23:36
Sad news. Always knew I was safe when he was flying.

RIP

The Sultan

Encyclo
14th Sep 2016, 10:05
Bruce was also a great demo pilot; did a lot of international work while at Bell. Always managed to put everyone at ease and only left smiles behind.

Was always great to see him after we went our separate ways. So many memories, all good.

Salut mon ami :sad:

Eric Chia
14th Sep 2016, 10:38
I am extremely sad to hear of his demise. Worked with him in Zhuhai Air Show, which is one of his last tour before his retirement in Bell.

Had dinner with him even in China, jovial and cheerful pilot. Going to miss him. May his kind soul rest in peace. He had walked a good path

twisted wrench
14th Sep 2016, 11:48
Sad news for sure last saw him in Brazil about 2 years ago when he was here to demo a new Bell product , was good to chat with him for a hour and catch up.
Worked with Bruce at Shirley helicopters in the early 80īs when he was a junior co-pilot on the Bell 212 and I was the engineer working up in the high artic of Canada. When Shirley closed we both went our separate ways but used to meet up from time to time as our careerīs crossed paths.

A really great guy and excellent pilot.

vaqueroaero
14th Sep 2016, 11:56
That's sad news indeed. I always enjoyed working with him during my time at Bell. The last time I saw him was when we were delivering a 429 in Armenia.
Always good times!
RIP.

Wiggins61
15th Sep 2016, 00:24
I share your pain Mac. Bruce was an upstanding guy and all of us at Bell are deeply saddened and shocked by his passing.
Cheers,
Dave