PDA

View Full Version : ootage of Trigana Air's PK-YSY landing with suspected landing gear failure

DARK MATTER
13th Sep 2016, 06:19
From the Twitter feed of @flightmoods..

BREAKING Trigana Air Boeing 737-300F skidded off the runway at Wamena, Papua (video) | AIRLIVE.net (http://www.airlive.net/breaking-trigana-air-boeing-737-300f-skidded-off-the-runway-at-wamena-papua-video/)

High Energy
13th Sep 2016, 06:39
From the Twitter feed of @flightmoods..

BREAKING Trigana Air Boeing 737-300F skidded off the runway at Wamena, Papua (video) | AIRLIVE.net (http://www.airlive.net/breaking-trigana-air-boeing-737-300f-skidded-off-the-runway-at-wamena-papua-video/)

Or a hard landing after a dodgy visual apporach...?
http://avherald.com/h?article=49deae9a&opt=0

cooperplace
13th Sep 2016, 07:14
cloud base 150', no instruments! Even Ernest Gann would have a pucker there.

fox niner
13th Sep 2016, 07:21
Indonesia? Check.
Busting limits? Check.
Failed to go around when you should've? Check.

Move along, nothing in particular to see here.

RAT 5
13th Sep 2016, 07:22
One wonders how the 'earlier landing' achieved it. Perhaps some local skullduggery approach construction?

ACMS
13th Sep 2016, 08:58
Wow is that me or is he really moving along bloody fast..........

What was the touchdown speed, 180 +?

av8boy
13th Sep 2016, 10:11
The linked article says "The aircraft was carrying 14 tonnes of fuel, rice and sugar...", which, I assume is correct. However, ABC news (US) reported "15,000 tons of fuel", and tenplay.com.au says "The cargo plane was reportedly carrying 14,913 tonnes of fuel supplies". I saw others followed suit with the 15,000 ton(ne)s as well. I'm guessing that this has to do with the use of the comma to separate thousands in some countries and the decimal point in others with some news outlets simply reproducing the number with the comma, but seriously. Is there nobody in the reporting food chain in these organizations who see a report saying that a 737 is carrying 15,000 tons of something and wonder what the hell they got wrong?

Duck Pilot
13th Sep 2016, 11:27
The same company lost a ATR-42 recently possibly due to CFIT in West Papua.

Peter3127
13th Sep 2016, 11:53
"Suspected" gear failure ....

Looks fairly conclusive ... :}

212man
13th Sep 2016, 12:05
I like the parking of the 737 at the start of the video too!

Hotel Tango
13th Sep 2016, 13:47
212man, though difficult to see, it was on a taxiway, waiting to line up and backtrack I suspect.

semperfubar
13th Sep 2016, 14:27
Yea....fun having a 737 in the face sliding off the runway....very sporty!

DirtyProp
13th Sep 2016, 16:49
212man, though difficult to see, it was on a taxiway, waiting to line up and backtrack I suspect.
And praying that that thing would keep going straight and not turn their way...

readywhenreaching
13th Sep 2016, 17:10
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/13/11/384A2A2700000578-3786972-image-a-46_1473764006697.jpg
weird mark below the cap, could that be from the runway "impact"?

UAV689
13th Sep 2016, 19:31
Type wamena into avherald, i count 14 crashes at this one airport in last few years. It is a nuts airport, no approaches at all, all visual, yet these buffons try and break cloud at 150ft in jets and land.

This wasnt this particular capts first crash either...!

Global_Global
13th Sep 2016, 19:52
Come on guys. This country has just been upgraded on the FAA list so it must be safe now! I mean the fact that every single person in a position of power or oversight is corrupt in one way or another has nothing to do with it.....

ps this is the one country that I always recommend people not to fly on any local airline if possible...

tdracer
13th Sep 2016, 19:59
ps this is the one country that I always recommend people not to fly on any local airline if possible...
Problem is, getting around by car or bus is even worse, and the boats sink...

hunbet
13th Sep 2016, 23:27
Looks to me by the video that they were trying to do a go around.They pranged in so hard that the gear departed and they were knocked dingy and didn't pull the throttles back.

WingNut60
14th Sep 2016, 02:16
Come on guys........... ps this is the one country that I always recommend people not to fly on any local airline if possible...

Yes, getting around Indonesia using any means of transport has well founded risks for equally well-documented reasons.
But the repeated exhortation to "not fly on local airlines" is pretty much the same as saying "don't go to Indonesia", or to many parts of Africa, South America, et al.
You can get TO Indonesia on reputable international airlines (or supposedly-reputable), but as soon as you are in Indonesian airspace you may as well be on any of the local airlines. And if you want to travel domestic then you may need some time to find an international carrier that still meets your exacting standards, or at all.
But if you do actually want to travel around the archipelago then you had better resolve yourself to an elevated level of risk, whether travel-related, food-related or whatever.
I still see people bungy jumping in Bali or eating bakso off the hepatitis-handcart who would never-the-less denigrate domestic air travel as just too risky or unsafe. Sorry loyo. Don't like the risk from domestic air travel? Better stay home.

cooperplace
14th Sep 2016, 07:06
Yes, getting around Indonesia using any means of transport has well founded risks for equally well-documented reasons.
But the repeated exhortation to "not fly on local airlines" is pretty much the same as saying "don't go to Indonesia", or to many parts of Africa, South America, et al.
You can get TO Indonesia on reputable international airlines (or supposedly-reputable), but as soon as you are in Indonesian airspace you may as well be on any of the local airlines. And if you want to travel domestic then you may need some time to find an international carrier that still meets your exacting standards, or at all.
But if you do actually want to travel around the archipelago then you had better resolve yourself to an elevated level of risk, whether travel-related, food-related or whatever.
I still see people bungy jumping in Bali or eating bakso off the hepatitis-handcart who would never-the-less denigrate domestic air travel as just too risky or unsafe. Sorry loyo. Don't like the risk from domestic air travel? Better stay home.

stay home? sounds good to me