PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Staff Travel - Doing the Dubai Dash

flyingformyself
10th Sep 2016, 20:15
I have an upcoming leisure flight LHR to SYD. The loads are pretty heavy with J and W full bar maybe a seat or 2. I'm not at the top of the staff lists but not too far down.

Y is currently showing around 25 seats open. My worry is that I heard that if there are less than 50 seats showing when you get on the first let, they won't check me through and I'll have to collect my bags, clear customs, go check in again, clear security and run to the gate. I don't fancy waiting 10 hours for QF10 to come along, not knowing if I'll get on, plus having to overnight in Melbourne.

I've got some other options, but they leave 8 hours earlier than QF2. They seem pretty good at the moment, but it is Y class only on ZED travel. I don't mind, just want to make sure I get to my destination in time.

What's other crews' experiences of doing the Dubai dash? Last time I went through I was given Y boarding passes both ways, and didn't need to clear immigration. I did manage an upgrade to W on one leg.

safelife
11th Sep 2016, 12:17
I can recommend Qatar, they always check thru your luggage however slim the chances are for the onward flight.

flyingformyself
11th Sep 2016, 19:23
Can't use Qatar unfortunately for J or W travel.