PDA

View Full Version : Apple AirPods

Haven't a clue
10th Sep 2016, 12:49
As these new wireless earphones use a variant of Bluetooth I'm guessing they cannot be used on an aircraft.

If not (and it must surely be difficult for cabin crew to police this) sadly I forsee a new area of conflict between crew and pax developing.

But then again Apple may have thought about this and sorted it with the FAA?

Johnny F@rt Pants
10th Sep 2016, 13:00
But then again Apple may have thought about this and sorted it with the FAA?

That's OK in the USA and on US carriers if they have, but what about the rest of the world?

Celtic_Plumber
15th Sep 2016, 11:19
Bluetooth headphones can be used in flight. From ba.com

All Bluetooth accessories (for example wireless keyboard, headphones, etc) may only be used during the flight but must remain switched off for taxi, take-off and landing

Haven't a clue
16th Sep 2016, 08:04
Celtic_Plumber Many thanks for that. I thought all wireless emitting devices were still banned but the world has it seems moved on. Explains the happy suited chap sat opposite me on the DLR last week heading to LCY wearing wireless headphones with his music source presumably buried in one of his 2 Tumi bags.

RevMan2
16th Sep 2016, 16:52
Lufthansa still isn't sure.....
But given that they still weren't warning passengers not to use or charge Galaxy 7s last Sunday (despite claiming that they were doing so...) , they probably won't notice. Or be bothered.