PDA

View Full Version : Weight???

cessnapete
7th Sep 2016, 10:21
I recently travelled on a BA B767 from a European destination. One steward, the rest female Cabin Crew. It was most noticeable that apart from the one Steward and one female cabin crew they were all noticeably overweight, some very.
A GP in our party mentioned the CSD, he would class as borderline obese.
Not good to observe with bulging skirts and trousers. Not a good advert for the Brand.
Are there not any ongoing height vs.weight requirements apart from recruitment in BA?
Expecting a hammering from the PC Brigade, I would mention the female F/O also in the same class, but she would be monitored by her AME at her annual Aircrew medical.

pilotmike
8th Sep 2016, 11:54
...he would class as borderline obese.
Not good to observe with bulging skirts
I think we'd agree with that!:ok:

Piltdown Man
10th Sep 2016, 21:47
I don't know about BA but there are some huge Trolleytubbies in a certain European airline. They are sometimes referred to as cabine krabben - so wide they can only work in First and even then they have to walk sideways along the aisle. It was even suggested that the airline would save a measurable amount of fuel if they slimmed.

PM

flyingformyself
11th Sep 2016, 07:06
I've been on an American run TATL flight where one of the staff was so wide that no matter which way she turned she filled the aisle. My other half had the aisle seat and got knocked over when she bent over. :eek:

Pookerz
16th Sep 2016, 01:35
The ideal height/weight ratios certainly have changed over the past few years, and I don't have any problem with that.

I do have to share this, and I swear it's true:

I had an aisle seat and dropped my pen. I leaned over to pick it up and the overweight flight attendant accidentally butted me in the head ... with her butt, backing up. Of course she was embarrassed, poor lady.

I asked her if she was okay and admitted I had head-butted her pretty hard and apologized, and all of a sudden we both burst out laughing over the words, "head butt."

I don't care who you are; that's funny and she was a terrific FA. If they can do the job, I'm good with that!

hoss183
30th Sep 2016, 14:10
I recall a particular TWA flight many years back. I was sat in the last seat before the rear galley, and the CC serving my aisle was exactly the same width as the aisle. It got pretty annoying having my shoulder 'butted' every time she passed. I never thought to suggest the krabbing technique...