PDA

View Full Version : new 1/2 degree Oceanic Tracks use by corporate operators

rsiano
5th Sep 2016, 14:54
I teach International Procedures in the class room for FlightSafety International in Wilmington, Delaware. I have been asking the pilots who take my courses if they have been assigned one of the new 1/2 degree Organized Tracks yet. All who responded said “no”. Is there a policy in place that says only airline flights are presently being offered the new 1/2 degree tracks?
Thanks!

FLEXJET
5th Sep 2016, 15:42
From what I could read so far as long as the aircraft is compliant the operator may file RLatSM tracks:

Eligibility:
-Authorized required navigation performance 4 (RNP 4)
-ADS-C (automated dependent surveillance-contact) and CPDLC (controller pilot data link communication) equipped and, where applicable, authorized
-Operating required communications, navigation and surveillance (CNS) systems

http://www.nats.aero/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/RLat-Implementation-Airline-Briefing.pdf

See also here, starting page 325:
http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/notices/media/09_15_16_ntap.pdf

CHAPARRAL
5th Sep 2016, 15:55
The NAT Doc 007 2015 edition has established the trial (see 1.10.10) and requirements.
I suppose it still going on as there is no change on this topic on the 2016 version.
Cheers… :ok:

PURPLE PITOT
6th Sep 2016, 14:13
Most Bizjets fly above those tracks.

Pylut737
6th Sep 2016, 14:42
Howdy Neighbor!

I suspect one of the reasons might be that the aircraft that meet the requirements for RLatSM typically fly above the top altitude for the tracks (typically FL390). That said, I suspect that an aircraft will not be assigned a random route (over a track) that is over an RLatSM track.

Make sense?

Purple beat me to it!

Albus_Dumbledore
8th Sep 2016, 16:00
Random routes over the RLAT are being issued. Had one the other day. I guess as you are above it?

As rightfully said, this issue probably doesn't affect most operators of biz jets as they head over the top.

AD