View Full Version : Military Pilot Seeking Help

ChrisGK
1st Sep 2016, 17:29
Gents/Ladies,

My situation is fairly straight forward - I'm a military pilot looking to transition to civilian aviation. I'm in the process of applying to several airlines but some of the terminology being used on the application forms is unfamiliar to me.

I'm concerned that I'll either do one of two things when completing the application form:
1. under-state my experience and background by not listing a potential hiring asset; or
2. falsely represent my experience. :ooh:

The application form basically states: "list your training qualifications (line/base/ground/sim/etc)" and "do you hold or have you held any of the following (TRE/TRI/SFI/SFE)".

During the course of my military career I've been responsible for pilot instruction within both an operational line squadron and within a formal training unit. I've also held responsibilities as an evaluator and standards officer (pilot who awards aircraft categories). I've also been an evaluator responsible for conducting instrument rating check-rides.

So the question to you is basically this . . . what would you list/write?

Thanks for your answers in advance! :ok:

Cliff Secord
4th Sep 2016, 16:32
Chris, I'd ask this in terms and endearment if I were you. Not technically the right forum however there are a fair few experienced folk on there and more likely you'll get a response from a line TRE/recruiter or someone who's been in your shoes. Not to take anything away from the wannabes forum the large majority of folks in this section will be brand new and not the best placed to give you a detailed answer.

Capt Scribble
5th Sep 2016, 08:07
Just wrtie what quals you have. I think that most recruiters in the airlines will understand QFI, QWI, CtoI etc and will credit you with achieving those qualifications. However, they mean nothing in the civil world apart from showing a potential.