PDA

View Full Version : My First ATPL Snag

CMY.BRYAN
31st Aug 2016, 18:06
Ok, so I have done 9 papers and have another 5 to go. Meteorology and Flight Planning are coming up next and that's where I have hit my first snag doing this whole ATPL stuff.

Met..argh Met... I feel as if I will never get my head around this material, despite knowing that I desperately need to.

With 13 days to go before my Met paper, I seriously am losing (if not lost already) any form of confidence that I can actually do this.

I use the Oxford books (simply because Singapore teaches the ATPL stuff out of there). And it simply erodes my confidence and determination.

I would study one chapter out of the book, watch the Oxford CBT and attempt the questions at the back and watch myeslf crumble. A good chunk of the questions at the end of each chapter dont even relate to what is being taught in that chapter and the sudden thought of " Can I actually do this?" sinks in...

To be honest, I absolutely hate the Oxford books. Too much unnecessary information imo and alot of time is spent sieving through to find what is needed to know.

For Met, seriously, I know this has been asked before but is there absolutely any way to get around it in an effective way? Anyone has any notes? Tips tricks? Whatever that could help...

RedBullGaveMeWings
31st Aug 2016, 18:36
Can you not delay Met to the next session? The exam will still be there when you will feel more confident to sit it.

Also I hear you on OAA books, I have given an extensive look at them and they are certainly nice to have, but they wouldn't be my primary source of studying. I suggest you get EASA Professional Pilot Studies in PDF and study Meteorology from there and then watch OAA's CBT – I am sure everything will fall into place as this is my studying strategy. It works for me, it might work for you too.

CMY.BRYAN
31st Aug 2016, 18:44
That is a pretty good idea. Am talking to Paco about this now. Anything that helps.

CMY.BRYAN
31st Aug 2016, 18:45
And also, delaying is not an option. As it stands, 5 papers left and I want to crank out Met and FPL before I start type training which is gonna be another crazy ball game altogether. So its get it done...or get it done. No 2 ways about it. Lol

cavok_flyer
4th Sep 2016, 08:37
I used both the Pad Pilot (Slate-Ed Inc.) and the Jeppesen "books" available in the iTunes store. Pad Pilot is fairly basic compared the Jeppesen, but helped clear up some issues I had as well as being alot easier to read (ie. aeronautical weather for dummies, which btw, I am one of...).
I also liked reviewing with the information found here: www.TheAirlinePilots.com :: Index (http://www.theairlinepilots.com/forum/index.php?c=11) .

2close
4th Sep 2016, 12:56
CMY.BRYAN

Contact me via PM

:)